Be Careful On Who You Ask For Money

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jasmine2015 • Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like owing anyone anything. It is like carrying weight on my shoulders. Yes sometimes I do need help but that is not the same as wanting someone to completely compensate for me. Sometimes you even have to be careful of who you ask. They would love to do nothing more than brag and complain about how much you owe them. But you know what gets these type of people to shut up? Paying them what you owe them. No more debt for them to hang around my head.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a saying here that if you want to lose a friend then lend him money. Borrowing money from people is a thing of the past for me. I have learned my lesson from them. It is not a good feeling to be haunted by creditors especially when I am paying them on time the installments we had agreed upon. So now I never borrow money from people especially so that I have several credit cards for that purpose.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Borrowing money can be a last resort and to be honest as long I'm not paying any interest on the money I borrowed I wouldn't mind what the lender says about me behind my back. Of course the words can hurt, there's no denying that but paying interest would hurt more I think?

If you can avoid it, it's always better not to borrow money from anyone. I don't. I'd rather do without something rather than borrow money from anyone so I can get it.

4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    It just depends from whom i am owning and what...

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always make it a point to save so that I won't be borrowing money from anyone. I agree that money can sometimes be the ugly cause of why people get estranged, so I try to avoid borrowing money as much as I can. So far I never had to ask a friend for money loans.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Last time I needed money I better pawned my laptop for a brief period time that asking someone for money.

Agree with @Denis Hard@Denis Hard, paying interests is more painful that any word, but also getting the money without interest may hurt a lot. Before pawning, I borrowed money from my own mom.

I had the certainty to repay within 2 weeks, it was just a Paypal delay to deliver my money, but before lending it, my mom talked to me about how hard is for her stretching that money, which is by the way money she receives generously from a federal-funded pension.

Anyway she lent me the money after such initial sermon, and you cannot imagine what a headache hearing her repeat the story of her supposed poverty for the small amount I borrowed from here.

Two weeks later, my Paypal money arrived, my mom was repaid, and she kept complaining on how badly affected her lending me that money because she couldn't plan her own expenses, because her budget went out of balance, and so on.

This made me feel that if your own mother does this to you, what could you expect from someone else, and I don't longer ask anyone for money, even if I have seen days in which I have nothing to eat due to Paypal delays to deliver my money to the bank.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only person I borrow money from is my ex husband. I think he knows he is probably not going to get it back. I think he is someone who is happy to be helpful. It is one of the things that is good about him. I don't think I would ask anyone else for money really...except pershaps my son...who owes me for breaking one of my vehicles in my opinion. He is helpful in other ways however.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am exactly the same. In fact, I find it difficult to understand how people are able to forget that they owe money. When I owe someone money it is like the sensation of needing to wash my hands before I eat. I cannot forget, and feel lots better once the itch has been scratched, so to speak. I am very careful about who I ask, but if I am desperate then all pride will go out of the window, and the other person can think what they want to - that they have something over me if they want. I won't care, as long as I am getting my needs met. Love yourself enough to not give a rip what another person is doing with their energy. Focus on the fact that you are getting your needs met.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Borrowing from family can be a pain. For one thing, it's degrading and can be insulting. For instance, I don't know how people can go outside Wal-Mart and beg for money.

Can you imagine all the hecklers and rejections they get? I've even seen people literally ask strangers for money in even more direct methods. However, though, on the bright side, it's good training to be a salesperson - and good salespersons make a lot of money.:)

#9May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017