Be Paid To Lose Weight

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by remnant • Sep 29, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are some websites that pay people to lose weight. I have seen some in the past but I can't remember their names since I don't have weight issues but its a good way of recouping on expenses incurred through weight loss activities, say gym membership. Anyone who knows or has joined such websites?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I've seen some websites before but it's a type of competition wherein the contestants needs to pay for a registration fee in order for them to join. Then the website will provide a meal plan or exercises that the candidates must do in order for them to lose weight. The person who loses the most weight wins.

I agree that this is a good way to lose weight aside from the fact that it's enjoyable at the same time it's more challenging because you have other contestants to compete with.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like a neat idea, but doesn't having to pay to join kind of defeat the purpose?

I think the idea of being able to recover some of the costs of losing weight could be a good motivational factor for some people. I don't think they would want to pay to sign up though, especially since it's only a chance of winning.

It is a really interesting concept though. It is giving me ideas. Hmm, I may have to write up some frugal weight loss tips or something. Saving money and losing weight? Sounds win/win to me.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I've heard of that kind of website. Isn't it cool to be paid while losing weight? I agree that it is more likely a competition of sorts but what's good in it is not the winning but the motivation you get by joining. Well, I'm not really overweight but my wife is and I'm trying to find a way to increase her motivation in losing weight. Right now she is dieting and her 3 months of sacrifice had shed her just a few pounds. I really think that she needs to engage more physical activities to burn the fats.

5. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I once saw something like this. Sign up for a program which actually saves you money because the money you will pay them for sign up is way more cheaper than what you will get. with your sign up you will get weight loss products on discounted price, they will provide meal plans for you for the whole month. exercise routines and daily updates from the people behind the said program. Winners get certificates and products. So basically, whether you win or not, It's still a win/win situation. If you didn't win, At least you lost some weight and from then on you can get the products on discounted price. Sounds good to me.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I've never heard about dieting sites that actually pay their members to lose weight, but I do think it's an interesting concept. One of the biggest reasons people drop out of these weight-loss programs I think is because simply losing weight isn't a big enough incentive for them to keep going, and by adding a monetary incentive I do think that is going to not only attract new members but also make sure that those that have already signed up will keep on renewing their subscriptions as well.

While dieting sites and weight-loss programs will rely on new memberships, at the same time I think they also need to keep those that have already subscribed interested as well, A lot of the time once a person as reached their goal weight, they will simply cancel the membership and disappear until the next time they need the service. By having a system in place that actually gives back money depending on how much weight you lose, and maybe gives you a bonus to stick to your goal weight once you've achieved it, more people will keep renewing their subscriptions and ultimately that's what sites such as this need, long term members rather than those that stick around for 6 months and then are never seen again.

7. Working Buck

Threads:
    Will you personally join something like this or have people you know who will? I am planning to join because aside from losing weight, you get to earn something extra. And you are right when you said that it must not stop once you got the weight that you want. You get to earn something after the program so you will not leave the subscription.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting I like this kind of exercise, this is my first time seeing that there is a website of this kind. Just entering into the competition is a winning somehow even if you didn't make it to the top. This should be a motivation to the fat people.

9. Working Buck

Threads:
    Agreed. And it really is a win win for those people who will join. Even if you do not win anything, at least you lost some weight.

10. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Now that I know that there are weight-loss programs out there that are like this, if I ever did want to join one in the future then I would be more inclined to join one with incentives like this than the usual ones. Every business needs to find a new and innovative way of attracting new customers, and while the main reason people will sign up to weight-loss programs is to obviously lose weight, if they can also offer monetary incentives as well then I think that people will rather go for those instead and it's just another way of offering something different.

These days it seems that every market is saturated and there are more and more businesses all fishing from the same pool of customers. Offering extra's such as this is just one way that they can stand out from the others and while money shouldn't be the be all and end all, everyone is going to be tempted if they are being offered money for doing something that they as planning on doing anyway.

11. Working Buck

Threads:
    Yes, a company called Herbal life does that. A lot of people join but the problem is, the products are not that effective. It is a nice way to get sales but bad if the product does not work

12. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Well that's something else you have to think about when you sign up for a weight-loss program that offers more incentives than the others, why do they have to do that in the first place? Slimmingworld and Weightwatchers are the two famous ones that everyone knows about, and as far as I'm aware they don't offer any cash incentives because they don't need to. The ones that do, while we might think it's even more of an incentive for us to join them instead, like you said @Working Buck@Working Buck we have to ask ourselves why they would offer that in the first place, and is it because they know that the program doesn't actually work and so NEED to offer something extra to get people to join?

13. Working Buck

Threads:
    About Herbal Life, that is what i have seen so far. Their products do not really work. As of the other one that I am currently checking, I am still waiting for my product which I purchased and I am still looking for other products which really do work. And if ever I find something worth sharing, I might do these strategy myself. At least I do know it works.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never come across anything like that in my life so far but even if it was available in my area I would prefer not to use it because I am in the perfect weight category for almost 15 years (I am 182 CM with 74 KG) that I would not like to reduce or increase.

15. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is news to me although I know of apps that motivate you to lose weight by paying you to exercise more and are Free to join.

I wouldn't want to take aid of such schemes when there is plenty of information out there on weight loss and proper diet and exercise.
    It is just motivation that majority of us lack.

16. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen any websites but I have seen apps that do this, well not pay to lose weight but to keep active. I joined one once so I would be motivated to be active to stay in shape. I didn't keep going at it because I had to do supposed training for a month first and then I would get paid after the training was done.

17. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    With a large number of paid eating routine arrangements like Weight Watchers, and the extravagant costs connected to chief rec center participations, boutique wellness studios and favor workout garments, shedding pounds may be more promptly associated with burning through cash than making it.

Be that as it may, you don't need to spend a huge amount of cash to fuse wellness into your life. You can get your wellness equip at little to no cost at merchants like Target and Old Naval force, and opening the front way to take off for a run is constantly free.