beach and resorts: to go exclusive or to go public?

Discussion in Travel started by marciana • May 2, 2013.

1. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    When you are having a holiday on a beach or a resort, which do you prefer? A place that is exclusive where only members are allowed to use the entire place--from rooms to restaurants to other amenities, and the beach/pool... or a beach or resort open to the public. "Open to the public" may or may not require an entrance free, not like exclusive ones where members with annual or monthly fees are paid.

I once was invited to a exclusive resort and I won't deny that the luxury awed me. We were treated as if we were the owners of the place. That must be the equivalent of the high monthly fee. But, yes, I enjoyed my stay there. I even had the beach all by myself! Unlike in public beaches where it is hard to find your own spot.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I would go to a private beach resort once I already have a lot of money. So far, it's still expensive for my budget. I love public beach resorts because they're either really affordable or absolutely free!

3. riku517

riku517New Member

Threads:
    Living in South Florida, I usually tend to go to the public beaches. With experience, and the beach being about 30 minutes away, one learns where the crowded beaches are and where the nice ones are. As a rule of thumb, never go to the beach on a school holiday or when there is an event going on. Weekdays are the best days to go to public beaches.

4. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the reply.

I recently just realized that it does not take a private or exclusive resort to feel the serenity and the peacefulness of the beach. I just came from a recent trip somewhere in South East Asia and we found a beach there that is so beautiful, the sand is fine and smooth and cold to the feet, the water is pristine, but there was nobody there. Literally, it was just me and my husband and a couple of other people. The beach, it turned out, was not that developed yet and that is why only few people knew of it. Only the locals know of its beauty. There were no commercial amenities nearby, like no restaurants and bars and spas and shops, but it did not matter! It was so beautiful and secluded that I felt for a while that I own an island.