Beat Depression With Exercise Outdoors

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Adrianna • Jul 6, 2015.

1. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! I love to walk outside, especially on hiking trails where you can really go spend time in nature and relax. It really helps refresh and recharge me. I go with a group sometimes when I don't feel like going alone, and its a lot of fun. I try to go at least once a week, but my goal is to start hiking more than that!

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have read this many a time, and I'm sure I've seen it widely documented that it really works. It does make sense though, because you're working off negative energy and being one with nature. I think it also works because when you're out and about on a walk, especially if you have some gorgeous nature trails, it's calming and relaxing.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with this. I find whenever I am cranky or anxious a good walk outside will help! Just the idea of being outside in the sunlight puts me in a better mood. I also prefer to go to a park or trail where there isn't too many people or city traffic.
    This is one of the best forms of stress relief for me!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It also makes sense from the stand point that working out does really make you feel good about yourself afterwards. I know that's the case with me, anyway. It's always hard to drum up the enthusiasm, but once I'm working out, I like it. By the time I'm done working out, I feel a great sense of pride and also very happy that I did do it in the end. I'm sure there's also the theory that when you work out, your body releases these endorphins that perk you up and improve your mood.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think nature is just the medicine to boost your mood- and to make you feel better. Also whatever you do for exercise inside,I would move it outside to really get zen with nature and find some inner peace along the way. I think also you could adjust your nature outings to fit the season as well-like to go to the beach to swim and cool off in good old summertime-or go with a mountain walk in the fall and watch the leaves change.