Beauty product you can't live without

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by katharinemae • Mar 1, 2014.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I can't live without moisturizer. I have really dry skin and if I don't moisturize I end up with zits. It's also essential for me before I put on make up because it removes the dry skin that makes
    the makeup uneven and flaky. What beauty product can't you live without?

2. Jennyflower81

Jennyflower81New Member

Threads:
    I can't live without coconut oil. There are several reasons why I'd make it my most needed beauty product.
    1) coconut oil, when eaten, provides the body with good fat that aids overall wellness. It keeps good circulation, helps you lose weight, and gives the skin a healthy glow.
    2) coconut oil helps to moisturize, especially dry hands and face. I use it on my face at night, right after my shower, which is a good time because the shininess will go away by morning.
    3) dandruff control and hair moisturizer. Coconut oil has an anti-fungal quality that helps deter dandruff flakes. I use it to soothe my dry scalp. I also do a deep conditioning of my hair once per week, where I saturate my hair with the oil and rinse it out an hour later. It also can be applied to hair as a serum while hair is wet. Additionally, when you take a little coating on your hands, and drag them through dry hair, it controls frizz and flyaways.
    4) athlete's foot remedy. If I am suffering from athlete's foot, I will apply coconut oil to my feet twice daily until symptoms are gone, it really works.
    5) eczema. My son has eczema and the oil clears it up.

There are many other uses for coconut oil, but these are my main reasons that I keep a big jar in each room of my house. Its many uses make it more affordable than buying all kinds of special products. I always make sure it is pure, organic coconut oil.

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I can't live without Pro active. I had really bad Acne when i was younger. I tried all of the products on the market, and i thought that it would never be able to get rid of it. Pro active was the only thing that helped. If i don't use it my face will be riddled with bumps again.

4. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    My son has eczema too and the ointments, soaps and lotions are really expensive. I have tried a lot of products and none of them seem to clear it up completely, some do relieve the itch and clears it up a bit but as I have said
    they are really expensive. I will definitely try coconut oil, I hope it will work for my son's eczema too. Thanks for the info.

5. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    You are going to need prescribed medication to treat Eczema. My niece had it, and she had to prescribed medication, and take steroid supplements. She had it really bad.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have a hard time living without many products - moisturizer, makeup remover, foundation, concealer, blush, lip balm, mascara....
    However, if I absolutely needed to pick one, it would be a high coverage moisturizing foundation. That way I could moisturize and conceal my imperfections, leaving my face as flawless as possible.

7. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I can't live without my Nivea Men facial wash. This is basically the only "beauty" product I use.

8. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    I can most certainly second the coconut oil obsession. I use it for my face, but mainly as deodorant (containing zero chemicals) and for my hair. I dye my hair, so sometimes it needs a boost of nutrients. Coconut oil is great for that, especially went straightening my hair. I also use coconut oil when I create my homemade soaps, creams, waxes and lip balms. It's really versatile and nutrient-rich.

9. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I tried that, but my skin is too sensitive for it. All it did was cause my skin to break out even more. Pro Active wash the only facial cleanser that worked for me.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a difficult question. I can't live without so many essentials. I need my moisturizer, toner, cleansing milk. I need coconut oil, Moroccan argan oil and rosehip oil. I also need my rosemary hair shampoo and conditioner. Furthermore I need my goat milk soap. It sounds like it all costs a fortune, but it doesn't really. I shop at iherb and save a lot of money. Their products are absolutely top quality and so are their prices. I can't recommend this company enough. I am truly glad that I found them.

11. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Happy to say, none. I do enjoy my bottle of coconut oil when I have a bad case of dry skin or chapped lips, though. But I also live fine without it.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm. After reading some of these suggestions I'm going to have to look into coconut oil a little deeper. I do use it in my soaps and sometimes for cooking, but other than that haven't used it for anything else. One person said they used it for deodorant and I'm really wondering how that works.:)

Moisturizer is the one big beauty product that I can't live without; but that aside I'd have to say that there are actually two products I'm most fond of. Those would be eyeliner and mascara. I just don't feel quite put together until I've applied them.

13. Diana S.

Diana S.New Member

Threads:
    I can't live without my coconut shampoo. My hair is pretty important to me, I wash it often , especially if I have to go out. If I don't wash it , after 2 or three days it looks terrible. This shampoo smells incredible and I don't get dandruff from it. Also, I can't live without my mattifying face powder because I have oily skin and I take it always with me, I think that this is the only thing that I would always take with me.
    Other products that I can't live without would be masca and blush.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only need face powder because my pores are large so it covers them up when I go out. And it also helps to make my face not shine.

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't live without a concealer. It hides a multitude of sins and makes me feel better. The only other item would be a moisturizer, because if my skin feels dry or tight, I'm so uncomfortable I can't do anything or concentrate.

16. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have to have my natural oils: almond, coconut, avocado, etc. They soothe my dry skin and make me feel better. If I do not have them, my skin is uncomfortable to the point of hurting.

17. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    If I didn't have my moisturizer I'd die. Like literally fall dead on the floor. I take piping hot showers. Like steaning hot and my skin is so dry without moisturizing afterwards.

18. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I can not live without my deodorant and facial wash. I am quite a oil person and perspire a lot. I want to smell and look good always so I always make sure that I have my deodorant and facial wash in my bag.

19. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Count me in as another coconut oil fan. I’ve used it in various ways, but mostly I use it to remove my makeup. Not only does it work super well for that, it alleviates the dry patches on my combination skin. It also helped when I had a small eczema breakout during my first month working at an animal sanctuary. If I can only choose one beauty product, it would have to be coconut oil.

Cosmetics-wise, though, I’m torn. I love it all, but I’m leaning toward lipstick. I’ve found I can get away with little to no makeup, as long as I wear a bright lip color. Not to mention, there are a few drugstore lipsticks that outperform higher-end brands.

20. yamazakura

yamazakuraNew Member

Threads:
    I don't want to think about a life without lip balm.

My lips get so dry and painful...if I ever actually run out of lip balm I have to run to the kitchen to put some olive oil or something on them to make them feel better.

The thing other people would probably not want me to go without is deodorant. It gets hot where I live in summer!