Beauty Products From Auction Sites!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Victoria Langley • Mar 11, 2015.

1. Victoria Langley

Victoria LangleyNew Member

Threads:
    Do you ever buy beauty products from Auction sites? What do you feel about doing so? I used to love searching out bargains on them and I would be so excited I had managed to get them so much more cheaply than they are in the drug stores! That was until I saw a show about the number of fake products out there on the Auction sites, my initial thoughts were that if they were just copies it was not the end of the world but then they went into detail about what was used in many of the products and they were dangerous or nasty ingredients! I have to admit I went straight to my stash and threw out anything that was not store bought I was that scared by the images of what had happened to some buyers.

I now only purchase from known drug stores online or Amazon stores that owned by the manufacturers to be safe.

Would you still buy these products with the knowledge that they could be fake products with dangerous ingredients?

2. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    I once bought a foundation from an auction site. That was my first and my last time I did this. I had used that particular product before so I could make a comparison quickly. The one i bought on sale turned orange in about two minutes after putting it on my face and my skin started to sting. Paying about 2$ for something that sells for 15$ in a store should have rang a bell to me.
    Oh well, lesson learned. If it seems too cheap to be true, it usually is.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, there's no way I'd but anything that goes on my face from an auction sale. The same goes for unknown sites without any known reputation. If I can't find any reviews, I will not buy from the website. It's just not worth the risk, for the sake of saving money!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never buy from auction sites anything chemical, even perfumes as they can really harm you. i only use reputable sites and these days there are so many offers on you can buy things cheaply. Products maybe out of date even if they are genuine or fakes and it's not worth the risk. If they are out of date, it means the active ingredients may cause a reaction and you may get an allergy as all product have a shelf life.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't even know that auction sites sold beauty products. What auctions sites? I feel so uniformed about this, lol. That's okay though, because I'm not a huge make-up buyer right now. I have been in the past, and might be in the future, but not currently.

6. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love getting deals on Ebay for make up products. Do you have a link to some information about the unusual ingredients? The products I get have the same packaging as the products I get in retail shops so I just assume the ingredients are the same. I'm going to have to further investigate this, but thanks for bringing it to our attention.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do not buy things from auction sites. It feels really bad and most of the time you will have no previous knowledge of the product. I usually buy things from a normal sites that sell good thing.

8. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    I know its cheap but I always worry about them being fake. With the fake issue I don't really worry about the stay issue or anything I honestly worry about reactions. My skin is really sensitive and I worry I will blemish or get a rash that will cause permanent scarring. Another scary thing is irreversible effects on skin. When dealing with the face price shouldn't be a issue.