Bed And Breakfast, Or Resort, Instead Of Hotel

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Feb 13, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever stayed in a bed and breakfast or a resort instead of a hotel? I had occasion to research some places recently, and I found that the resorts and bed and breakfast places are much, much nicer for about the same cost as a typical hotel room.

They might cost a bit more than the average room, but no more than a "good" room, and some of them are really nice. Roomier, far more luxurious, and great amenities. Definitely the better deal, in my opinion.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else hadn't thought to check into these other options.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we love resorts and bed and breakfasts. I think if you are going some place for vacation this is a good option. If you are traveling and need a quick overnight stay then hotels are nice. But some of the resorts in Mexico are all-inclusive. This means you don't have to worry about bringing a lot of money which can be dangerous. Also, you don't have to go anywhere if you don't want - they have everything right there so you can truly relax while still feeling like you have traveled. I have been to one all-inclusive family resort in Canada before (I believe the details are in a different post), but I have not yet been to one in the States although we are entertaining the idea for a future family reunion. I have been to the Grand Hotel in Mackinac island which is a partial inclusive meaning some things are provided. We have also stayed at several bed and breakfasts which are great for a weekend in a quiet town with and old town feel and good shopping. One lake side town in particular a few hours from where we live has awesome bed and breakfasts. One time we went for a mystery dinner weekend. So yes, I agree this is a very good option.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    When traveling I always pick a resort to stay than on a hotel. The usual thing that happens during morning though is that I end up not eating my breakfast on bed since there's so much to see on the resorts like beaches, sexy women on the pool and the breath taking scenes.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Bed and Breakfast tends to be the cheapest option, however it depends on personal preference. There's less privacy and frills when it comes to a bed and breakfast service as compared to a hotel.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not generally a fan of hotel breakfasts, in fact I don't like breakfast in general so I always go for the cheapest room-only option. I prefer to get an early lunch instead on holiday and like to do this at locations outside the hotel.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Where i live hotels are the only things that are available. Bread and breakfast or not available so i am used to hotels. I have never been to bed and breakfast place but i would definitely love to try them out. Also i have lived in a few resorts have definitely prefer hotels over resorts.

7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have stayed in resorts, bed and breakfastd and hotels and if I can get a good deal I would rather stay at a resort. If I can find a deal on an all inclusive resort, that's my preference. I enjoy having a ton of amenities and like to check out the spa's and or golf courses if I can. There is nothing like getting pampered every once in a while.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've stayed in all three and it depends where I am. A beach resort when it's sunny is great, bed and breakfast is good for long term stays and hotels I choose by price and location. In New England ,most coastal towns only have bed and breakfast places, so you have not much choice and they can be more expensive than a hotel and they don't offer so many discounts. Well, they say it's New England and looks rustic!

Some resorts do offer last minute deals which I do like as often they include a buffet breakfast and a pool. Even if I don't use the facilities it's good to know they are there.