Bedtime

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jennifer • Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    During the week I am normally in bed at about 9.30pm. I don't necessarily fall asleep at that time as I might do a bit of reading or work on my laptop about another hour or so before I switch off the light. What time do you usually go to bed?

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    i rarely go to bed before midnight. I have a harder time falling asleep if I go to bed before I am tired. Unless I can barely keep my eyes open I seem to 'wake up' when I get in the bed. I know it makes no sense at all but it's true!

3. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I would like to go to bed by midnight. I often stay up till 2:00AM. Since my children are grown and out of the house I am on a strange schedule. I usually go on the computer and try to get things done. I make 2:00AM my cut off time to go to bed. I sleep till about 10:00 AM so I guess that is why I am awake till 2:00AM.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I usually stay up until about 3:00AM, so I make sure I sleep through the night. I'll wake up at about 9:00AM to start work. I like this schedule because it allows me to work consistently, and there is little time for breaks. I can maximize my money, but I'm sacrificing my sleep. I've tried going to sleep at an earlier time, but I always seem to wake up in the middle of the night.

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit of an owl so I come alive at night and I'm tired through the day. I sleep for maybe 6-7 hours. I'd like to switch it around a bit and get to bed a bit earlier, but I never get tired till after 12-1 in the morning.

6. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    It's funny - now that you asked the question, I really don't know. I guess I go to bed between 11:00 pm and 1:00. I tend to be somewhat of a night owl myself, but since I have a 18-month-old son, I have to adjust my sleeping schedule around his. I notice as I get older that sleep is not necessarily as important as it used to be for me. I'm a struggling entrepreneur so i spend a lot of time trying to get my business off the ground - keeps me very busy. I can say that I haven't gone to bed at 9:00 pm in years :rolleyes:

7. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm generally in bed by 9.30pm too. With lights out by 10.30pm. I get up at 5.30am for work and I need my 7-8 hours sleep; otherwise I get cranky. I sleep in a lot on the weekends though, until about 11am sometimes. My ability to sleep in has reduced as I get older though.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I often get into the bed by 10pm (in winter especially) but only get to actual sleep in the early hours of the morning. In summer I get to bed even later, and then sleep much later. I am also a night owl, like many others here. The night-time is very exciting and I find it hard to relax and just get to sleep...somehow feels like I am wasting time. Lol.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It varies, depending on whether I'm working or relaxing. I'm a writer, and if I haven't done much work during the day, I'll work at night when it's quiet, and then I may not get to bed until 1.00am or later. If I just want to read or watch TV, I'll go to bed around 10.00pm, but it's rare for me to turn the light off and settle down until around 1.00am. Whatever time I go to sleep, I almost always wake up between 8.00am and 9.00am. I hardly ever nap during the day or feel tired, so I'm obviously getting enough sleep for my needs.

10. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I rarely go to bed before midnight, during holidays it's impossible. I usually wake up with my dogs barking at neighbors leaving in the morning, messes up my sleep :mad:

11. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    12:00 - 2:00

I know that is pretty bad but its the way my body works now. Sleeping before the time make me wake up way too early, and any later than that is suicide for my health! Its important to get your body rhythm down to pat, so you can adjust yourself as you see fit. In this way, you and your doctor can work together to maintain a healthy sleeping pattern.

12. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Lawnmowers.:mad:....Sometimes I could literally walk to my neighbours and hit their lawnmower with a hammer, it's so annoying. Especially at ridiculous times of the morning and it takes them 3 hours until they switch it off. I once sat bolt upright in bed at six in the morning and shouted out of my open window "Turn that fu**ing thing off right now." They must have known they were being unreasonable because it got shut off and I got some kip. lol!!

13. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    Im in bed by 8pm, right when my little one is asleep. Hes 2 and only sleeps about 5 hours or so so I need my rest lol.

14. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I go to bed around 11pm on the weeknights, but I try around 10 or 1030 if I can. Then on weekends it is a free for all and I will stay up all night.

15. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to be in bed earlier, but 1030 always ends up being my bed time. I work full time during the day from home 5 days a week and if I got more sleep at night I could be SO much more productive during the day. With three kids though I can't clean, etc. until they're all in bed so early bedtimes are practically impossible.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I am never in bed early. I usually go to bed really late, like 4am or 5am. But sometimes I just go to sleep at random times of the day. And I attend college full-time so I'm up doing endless schoolwork. My sleeping pattern is really off.

17. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am like you, although, I am a night owl and can't sleep at night really. I can't stay awake in the day hours but I do whatever I have to do during the day, for example going to the store, mailing and other chores that I must do during early day hours and then I am napping and enjoying my day like that and it seems to work for me. I am not a day person and just love it when I can be up at night and doing things and that's when I get my work done and anything else, like writing letters or whatever.

18. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I usually go to bed around 12:30 am but manage to fall asleep only around 2am or so. I try to sleep early but somehow I can't. I end up reading a book most often or playing games on my phone. Its annoying when you're so tired that you really want to sleep but sleep is the only thing that wants to be stubborn.

19. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    When my daughter's were in school, I'd try my best to go to bed no later than 11:00. I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. But on the weekends and in the summer, I stay up sometimes until midnight or a little later.

20. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have a hard time sleeping, so I will usually go to bed around 2:00 AM.