Bedtime

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jennifer • Aug 4, 2012.

1. Nethervor

NethervorNew Member

Threads:
    I can't really explain why, but I always feel more productive and more able to work in the evenings. Just to be clear, I have a day time job, so my days start pretty early - at 6.00am. But I feel most comfortable doing my other stuff in the evenings. So that's why I get to bed at 1.00am the earliest.
    I get roughly 5 hours of sleep through the night, but I make sure to take a nap during the day after I get back from work.

2. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I just don't have enough hours in the day so can't afford to go to bed until past 1am. I would love for them to invent something that takes away our necessity for sleep. I'll do it when I'm old.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Going to bed is really hard for me since I love to be up at night so I guess I can't give you an exact time when I do but I sleep in the day hours and if I had to guess I would say around 3:00 am and up again around 11:00 am doing whatever I need to do and then sleep again around 2:30 for a nap. I am all messed up when it comes to sleep, because it all depends on what's on my schedule for the day.

4. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to bed at 1 am. :D I have so many things to do at night that's why I have to sleep late. I still have to study at least two hours every night and do some online work to have extra bucks. :D Good thing that I was able to survive with this kind of lifestyle for over a year now.

5. dvharris

dvharrisMember

Threads:
    Late!

My oldest child normally goes to bed by 9:00. My youngest will fall asleep shortly after, around 10:00. My husband gets home around 10:40 pm. I enjoy that time the best since my home is quiet and completely still. At 12:00, my child needs some meds so I make sure I'm up for that and then I jump on the computer and do fun things like post on this site. It depends on my energy level but I go to sleep from 2:00-2:30. My days begin at 7:00 am sharp and my days go by pretty quickly. A tasty nap is necessary so I can fully function for the rest of the day.

6. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I always aim to go to sleep around 11. However, many times I don't actually get to sleep until midnight or a little after. I am a night owl so I would stay up an hour or 2 later if I didn't have to wake up with my son. I'm glad he's a good sleeper. He wakes up about 8, give or take, so it's not too bad.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I just wish I could get my sleep in order but I know it's to late at this age. I just love being up at night and since my doctor gave me the reasons why I don't feel like an odd ball. So I just go to bed when I get sleepy and don't worry about that any more. I really use to get jealous of people that could get a good nights sleep and say why can't I do that. So now it's a thing of the pass as long as I go to sleep, no matter what time it is.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a night/early morning type of person, so I sleep late most of the time. Sometimes on weekends, I already sleep early in the morning, after being glued to my pc the whole night.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a teenage daughter and we're both night owls, so on holidays and over the summer it's a free for all and we stay up all night. During the school year we both go to bed early so I can walk her to school.

I know there are 14 year olds in my neighborhood that walk to school. I'm not comfortable with letting my daughter and her big ,trusting Bambi eyes walk to school in a neighborhood that sends out a list of local registered sex offenders several times a year.

10. IvyBubbles

IvyBubblesNew Member

Threads:
    It's ideal for me to sleep at 10:00pm but lately I hardly sleep early. I don't want to get used to sleeping late but I can't help it. I still spend a me-time after everyone in the house has slept. Now I sleep at 2:00am. I hope I can go back to my ideal time of sleeping, besides I love waking up early.

11. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends, I usually go to bed by 10 or 11 and fall asleep within an hour, except on weekends and then I don't have any certain time to go to bed.

12. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on how tired I am. On days when I’ve been out all day, walking, shopping or gardening, I’m in bed early and fall asleep latest by 11. Other nights, it’s midnight or well after midnight.

13. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Now that's me, going to bed around 2 am or 3 am. I don't seem to get that people just have to sleep at night. But I guess I could sleep if I took a sleeping pill or something like that. But I just love being up at night because it is so peaceful and quiet. I see that I am not the only person that can't sleep at night. Our time clock is set for the night hours and we are special people.

14. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    My usual bedtime is 10 or 11 pm. Sometimes when I'm very tired I go to bed at 9 pm or even earlier. When I was studying at uni I went to sleep at midnight. I guess I didn't need so much sleep when I was younger.

15. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    I am a fairly early riser so I am usually in bed by 10 pm and sometimes even earlier. A few years ago I moved from the city to the country where I now live and my habits changed. When I lived in the city I was a night owl and stayed up until 2 am sometimes, even when my children were young and still went to school. But after I moved I started to go to bed earlier and I think one reason is because everything closes earlier here and there isn't anywhere to go. I usually read in the evening or catch up on my phone calls, and when I am tired of that I just go to bed. And I love the morning now so it is no big loss to go to bed so early. I like to get whatever work I have finished early and then the afternoon and evening are mine to do with as I please.

16. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Midnight is my preferable time. I work from 8:30 a.m. to the evening time and then I want to relax a little bit. If I went to bed 9:30 p.m. after working until 6, it'd be rather depressing only having three-something hours to yourself. However, I could sleep whatever time I want because I'm always tired.

17. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    When I use to work a day shift, it was the hardest thing to do. I always felt like I was sleep walking during the day. Then on my way home I always had to stop before I could make it home because when you are up late nights and can't sleep because that is the time I am wide awake, that is really hard when you get sleepy at 3:00 am in the morning.

18. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Lately I've been having problems falling asleep, so I usually go to bed at around 4 am. I still try to get my 8 hours though.

19. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I normally roll into bed at about 1:30am due to me trying to juggle my freelance writing career with the task of looking after my disabled dad. Once in bed I normally pop a DVD on and fall asleep about 2:30am, only to wake up at about 5am to kick the DVD player off because the music on the main menu is doing my head in. :D

20. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I am in a similarly situation. My bedtime is usually between midnight and 1:00PM. I wake up and leave for work around 8:30AM. I work all day - and, most of the time, I have to eat my lunch at my desk while I work instead of getting a real break - then come home anywhere between 6 and 7PM. It just depends on how busy I am at work and what time I'm able to leave to go home. So, when I get home, I like to relax, but I still have things to do. I need to clean, make dinner, make tomorrow's lunch (if I decide to), put my things away, still get ready for tomorrow... but of course, I also like to do fun stuff. I like to go meet my friends after work, watch movies or TV shows, read books, take long baths, enjoy my dinner, etc. So, my bedtime is pretty late even though I would love to get more sleep. I just can't imagine going home and doing what needs to be done (not what I WANT to do), then starting all over the next day.

On the weekends, I usually stay up later and sleep in. But, during the day time when I am awake, I'm still productive - cleaning, cooking, taking care of the house, getting ready for a new work week, running errands, etc.