Being Healthy Costs Extra?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by maxen57 • May 8, 2016.

1. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Being healthy does not cost you extra, in fact, if you practice healthy activities, you will save a lot of money. For instance, you can stop eating junk food and cook your own food. Junk food is costly than the food that you make in your own home. You can also avid eating oily and spicy food. Oily and spicy foods are good to taste but bad for your body. If you eat healthy, you will not get sick. Not getting sick means no expediter on medical bills.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with these old practice of staying fit by healthy lifestyle which costs nothing but takes a lot of self-control. I have been watching that people are turning to healthy lifestyle because now they know that prevention is better than cure. I am myself taking all the precaution to not to indulge in habits which might prove costly in the end.

3. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    If you are from the Philippines, eating healthy isn't that costly if you just know what to do. though it may take some time, but planting your own food is way better than buying them outside. And yes running or walking around your neighborhood is free, or dancing in the comfort of your home would be a good alternative if you do not like walking outside.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me may be I am paying bit extra for purchasing fruits and veges (for salad) which I normally don't have it in that quantity. But here its not that costly. And I am not attending any gym either as I do walking outside and doing exercising at home only. So by that way I am saving money of gym too. So being healthy may costs extra, but for me it is limited.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    The health food stores do want to charge you for their healthy organic foods-and thats why they call the "Whole Foods" store,whole paycheck-but "Trader Joe's" seems a little bit cheaper as far as these stores go for organic food. I see though that Walmart carries some organic foods as well-and you should look for the "wild oats" brand at walmart, if you are looking for this kind of food. Also you could just work out at parks as far as your work-outs go because they are free.

6. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    It definitely cost more to eat healthy since any product regardless of it's origin or type, it requires much more to make it healthier.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Is it really expensive to stay healthy going by the kind of food we chose to eat, I doubt that saying it's expensive to stay healthy. The fact is the basic raw foods that are rich in the nutrients we need are often cheap at the stores and open market. It's the canned foods and other treated foods with additives that are sold more expensive at the stores. Majority of the raw foods have the necessary nutrients we need for good health and good thing they come cheap.

8. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on where you live. Eating healthy does not have to be expensive. It should actually work out cheaper if you focus on buying items like fruits and vegetables. It also helps if you have a food plan and you work around this plan. You can pre-plan your meals. This will allow you to buy exactly what you need from the store as opposed to filling your fridge/pantry with unnecessary food supplies.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the way you go about it. If you want to attend a gym you will have to pay a membership fee for using their facilities and that can be expensive but walking or running cost nothing.

As for diet, fresh fruit and vegetables are healthy and won't break the bank so I would say it doesn't have to be expensive to live a healthy lifestyle.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I think that in the OP's case, it's actually the food choices, supplementation, and weight loss pills that makes being 'healthy' an expensive practice. Why blame taxes? Other countries charge as high as 27% for VAT. VAT is not even applicable to raw and unprocessed foods like vegetables, fruits, fish, pork, chicken, and beef. In principle, eating healthy should not cost more, even if you do live in urban places. There is always an option to choose cheaper and healthier meals.

We don't even have to go to the gym to exercise or tone our muscles. Don't have free weights? Get yourself a pair of empty cans and pour in mixed cement for a DIY dumbbell. You can also pour in used water to empty plastic bottles. For cardio exercises, try walking or biking around the neighborhood streets.

If you want to achieve permanent weight loss, you need to stop relying on weight loss pills, choose to eat healthy foods, and strive to exercise regularly.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I won't say being healthy cost you more, rather it saves you more because being unhealthy cost you more. Ones feeding habits determines how ones body shapes up. Even if you are unable to get the best food you need to control your body fat, drastically reducing the quantity of food you consume will help you a lot.

Supplements are a good one if you could get your hands on them. Gym is not a must that it will be carried out at the gym house. Yes it's costly renewing the membership but there is a way around it. Go download fitness gym application. It has all the routine you basically carry out at the gym house, so it will save you the cost of paying for gym membership.

If it cost you a little to healthy and in nice shape, I won't be calling it that it cost you more to be healthy because if you consider the pains and suffering you will pass through when ill and paying hospital bills to receive treatment, you consider spending a little to be healthy than not spend and save up and treat yourself when you get ill.

12. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Yes being healthy cost a lot of money here in my country. The food costs a lot of money, I'm guessing that food is much expensive than gasoline or clothes. Eating healthy, with a lot of vegetables and fruits it cost very much, and sometimes these products are not completely natural, it also contains chemicals.
    I don't go to a gym anymore because I must pay more than 40 dollars a month!