Being on time

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Jul 9, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I go for a haircut I always call to set up an appointment, so I am really upset when I get there and she is like 30 or 40 minutes late, I find it disrespectful. This last time I called like one before to know if they were on time, they said yes and when I arrived she said she was late, that she just started another person, but it was my hour, so I told her I will never return there again. Does this happen to you? What would you do?

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Recently I noticed this happening more and more at my salon, which is weird because they always used to be RIGHT on time all the time. It upsets me but not enough for me to stop going there because I really like the person who cuts my hair. I think salons should have some sort of policy where if someone is 30 minutes or more late than they have to reschedule and wait because it is not fair to other patrons.

3. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I get very annoyed when that happens. I do think it happens to everyone at some point. The bad part is, it's not really the salons fault. If a person shows up late, they can't turn away a client (they want their money!!), so it just takes longer for them to complete, and the person behind them will have to wait even longer. It's just very rude to us who are on time to our appointments. Because of that one person who took their time getting there, now WE have to suffer. It's just very rude. Maybe they should start implementing a rule to get people to show up on time to their appointments, maybe something where if you are so many minutes late, you forfeit your spot and the next person (who was there on time) gets to go. If we cater to people who don't care, it will just make them not care more.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My time is important to me and I get annoyed when I have an appointment and have to wait for a person give me the service I am there to get. I feel that it rude and disrepectful for a person to have you wait on them all the time. I will stop going to a person who feels my time is not important to me and they can just get to me as they get to me.

5. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    It drives me nuts when people are late! I start to think that they feel they think their time is more valuable than mine. If there is a valid reason, then I'm okay with it, but when people use the excuse that traffic was bad, I hate it! Traffic is bad around the same time every day, take that into account before you leave!

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I am with friends and they are late, that is one thing, but if it is a professional situation I hate it even more because it just shows that those people are bad professionals. If we have an appointment shouldn't they respect it? Or if they can't they just should stop accepting appointments, it seems the best way to go if they don't want to lose customers.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had this happen to me, ever. I am so shocked that someone would be so rude. That is very bad business. You are a lot more patient than me. If it were to happen twice I'd be like "I'm done." That is completely disrespectful and unprofessional, and I'm sure she has done it to other people. You're better going to someone who cares about their customers anyway.

8. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I cut my own hair, but when I used to setup hair appointments I usually didn't mind wearing 5-10 mins or so extra. Truthfully, I don't mind it as much as long as they're not rushing with me when it's my turn so they can serve someone else. I can imagine from their perspective though, they get a LOT of people that don't show up for appointments or do come in, but late. So I can understand a bit where they're coming from.

9. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly! I hate it when I respect people's time yet they don't seem to have the same attitude towards me. I also think waiting in the salon for more than 10 minutes is a huge waste of time. Also, what's the point of setting up appointments when you would have to wait anyway? I would rather go to a salon that's not very crowded instead of going to my favorite salon, just for the heck of not having to wait for a long time.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What those people don't consider is that we have our own agenda and if we schedule something we expect it to be on time. For example, I leave work to go cut the hair and after that I pick up my kids and if my appointment is late I could have stayed longer at work or I could have picked up my kids sooner, so I think it's inconsiderate from them.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't tend to get worked up if somebody is late for an appointment I booked. Especially at hairdressing saloons, there are so many factors that might delay a hairdresser, such as customers that talk a lot or who are indecisive about their new hair style, etc.
    I don't have any problem at all to turn up at another time if the appointment is very delayed, provided that I will get half price next time I come. ;)

12. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    YES! This scenario has happened to me when I use to go to a beauty salon a few years ago. I always arrived on time. The stylist would take about 2 hours before she got to me. In addition, she was so slow to get things done and talked all the time to other clients and stylists instead of doing her job. Basically, what was suppose to be a short visit turned into a 6 or 7 hour ordeal. I was done with her. I found it profoundly disrespectful and she didn't value my service or my time. I left and never came back. She called me a few times afterwards to check if I wanted to get my hair done and my answer was always no. After awhile she took the hint and stop calling.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have the feeling that hairdressers and beauty saloons think they are a separate world, that they can take all time in the world, interrupt the service when they feel like it and that we will be there forever. I don't know why they do this, they surely don't have too many clients and they should value them more, I surely don't feel valued.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I also hate it. Business should really be strict of time. I would have done the same if it has happened to me. It's not justice. You should have reported it to the management and if the management tolerates that kind of culture then there's really a strong reason for you to never get back there ever again. It's really annoying.

15. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Stylists a.k.a. hairdressers are notorious for being late. For this reason, I try to wear hairstyles I can do mainly at home. I even clip my own ends.

The only time I see a stylist is if I need something major done that's best left to a pro. Then, I make an early morning appointment. This way, I have a better chance of getting taken care of without a lot of delay.

hairdessreligion-255x300.

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahah, I like that statement marie, they are notorious for being late, or should we say inglorious? I think they consider themselves as artists, but they are the artist I am paying. Sure, I understand they can be late from time to time, but sometimes I notice that they simply don't care and that is totally disrespectful.

17. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    When I go to the hairdresser usually they are always on time, as am I. I don't like being late on my appointments and I expect others to do the same in regards to my own schedule. I can't say I've had this happen to me, it would be very rude and disprespectful, not to mention I am paying money for something and I expect to get my money's worth. I would totally never go back there and consider that place of low quality. If they made pretentious comments, I would even go as far as to make bad advertisement to their shop, to my friends, family etc.

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All I have to say to that erik is, lucky you lol, value your hairdresser because there aren't many like that as you can read above. I feel exactly like you say, I consider it's rude and disrespectful because I also have an agenda and I can't be kept waiting for 45 minutes or one hour just because the hairdresser can't manage her agenda, that's lack of professionalism.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here when I used to go to hair salons, I don't really set an appointment. I just ask when is the day off of my hairstylist so that I won't go when she is not around. They stay in there all day anyway, so I don't need to set an appointment. To be honest, I'm not a very punctual person, so I also won't mind if someone made me wait as well.

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Being over 30 minutes late is very disrespectful! My hairdresser will occasionally be up to 20 minutes late, but she will apologize several times for that and it's fine for me to wait that much. But waiting much more than that is not nice. I find that many hairdressers get a bit greedy with appointments and schedule in more people that they can take care of, so people end up needing to wait a long time sitting in the waiting area, which sucks.