Belts

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Strykstar • Aug 18, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    How much attention do you put into your belts?
    Do you change them depending on what you're wearing or is it basically the same leather belt for every outfit?

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I use belts as a fashion accessory. I don't wear them often but when I do I like it to be a statement belt, some of these include an animal print belt, a wider soft leather belt or a gold metallic belt. I like how the belts can define your shape and give your outfit a little bit of visual interest. My boyfriend has three leather belts and only really switches belts if he is wearing a suit or dress pants instead of jeans.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I use belts for practicality more than for fashion. This also means that I only wore them when my pants are really lose and needs a belt to hold it. I don't fancy those belts that have the huge belt buckle that is supposed to make people look cool. I find them really uncomfortable to wear especially while sitting. I only have one belt in the entire house which I'm going to use until it breaks.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like my belts simple.

Usually I buy cheap, plain-looking beige leather belts because they go well with anything I wear and like daimashin I only use a belt when the pants I'm in are not tight enough to fit. But I hardly ever go shopping for belts because since the ones I have are used only occasionally I have a firm belief they'll last more than 10 years.
    They're the same color. It wouldn't make a difference.

#4Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Just noticed I didn't answer myself, I'm pretty much like Denis and Daimashin as well, I have two belts, a brown leather one and a thinner black leather one as well, I always use them, it just depends on the outfit, but I'll wear them until they're falling apart :)

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Belts for me serve for two purposes, to hold my pants up if they are too lose, or to emphasize my waist if I want to when wearing a dress or shirt. If it's just to hold my pants up I couldn't care less how the belt look! It will probably be covered by my shirt anyway. But if it's a belt to go around my waist I try to get cute and flattering ones that go well with the rest of the outfit.

7. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I have 2 belts, one for my cargo shorts and another for my jeans. Both are made of canvas, one being black and the other grayish. I don't really care what kind of belt I wear since my t-shirt always covers the belt completely, rendering it invisible for anyone but me. When I have to wear dress pants, I use a leather belt. I've recently bought a new one but I need to make another hole in it, because it is too big for my thin waist.

8. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I love belts, they are so pretty and flashy. However, I can't wear them. I look so weird in them because I have such a short torso. I just look weird, not sure why. But always has. My hubby has a belt. It is leather and has a big belt buckle that his grandfather gave him. I call it his cowboy belt.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It has been a long time since I have worn a belt, because I have gained weight nowadays, but when I used to wear one I didn't really wear them for fashion purposes, I wore them because my jeans were loose, so it was the same belt for every outfit.