Ben And Jerry's Vs. Hagen Daaz

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DancingLady • Jul 28, 2015.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    These are two ice cream brands I absolutely love. They are never on sale at the same time, so usually the sale price is what makes the decision for me when I'm in the mood for some really good ice cream.

One thing I really appreciate about Ben and Jerry is that they have kept the pint a pint, where Hagen Daaz has shrunk their container to 14 ounces.

Hagen Daaz still has my favorite banana split ice cream ever, but Ben and Jerry's has a whole long list of flavors I like about equally well. Overall it's hard to decide which brand I truly prefer.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean. I prefer those two brands over Pinkberry and that other trendy ice cream that's super expensive. However, if the sales run at different times, that's just more ice cream to enjoy. The only thing I hate about HD is some of the flavors are seasonal. In my area B&J has promotional flavors that are only sold at Target.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, that is so unfair! I want to try them but I can't go all the way to target, that would add $4 in transportation costs. Not worth it since Target doesn't carry enough items I actually buy to even have the potential to save me more than that.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ben & Jerry's wins hands down for me every time. The flavours are richer and there are always some interesting chunks of stuff in there. Plus it is always available at at least one of the grocery stores near me at half-price.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough flavor! I can only buy it at a member's only grocery store here in our country. But it is so worth it as the ice cream is very delicious. I have tried Haagen Dazs before but I did not really liked its taste. I cannot remember which flavor it is but after tasting that one flavor, I never tried another from them lol.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These are my favorite ones too, but Ben and Jerry's will always win because I prefer the chocolate fudge brownie. That's the one that I know will make me happy. My second is Hagen Daaz Belgian chocolate which is great, but not as good as Ben and Jerry's. As I don't eat ice cream often, it has to be good and you have to pick quality over quantity.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, Ben and Jerry's will also always win, just because their flavor combinations are right up my alley, and the ice cream itself just seems to be of a better quality than Hagen-daz. Hagen daz only really has a handful of flavors that I enjoy, but other than that they seem to be typically run of the mill. Ben and Jerry's is in a league of their own

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy either brand of those ice creams partially due to price and partially due to calorie considerations I am not sure about Haagen Das but Ben and Jerry's has twice the normal calories of a normal pint of ice cream and nearly twice the cost. I was considering buying a container the other day in the store however, as it was on sale!! Maybe next time! My latest indulgence latley has been Magnum ICe Cream Bars. they are delicious.

9. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    Mmmm. Calories.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think I've ever bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's. I've always been tempted, especially those special ones they put out for Jimmy Fallon. Did anyone here ever try that Late Night Crunch? It actually had potato chips in the ice cream.

10. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Hagen-Daaz for sure. Ben and Jerry's is good but sometimes the flavor isn't as rich or strong as Hagen-Daaz. Because the flavor is stronger in Hagen-Daaz, I often eat less of that compared to Ben and Jerry's; therefore, in the long run I'm actually saving money :p

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve only had Haagen-Dazs a handful of times, and I honestly don’t remember much about it. So I have to go with Ben and Jerry’s (only men I need in my life :p) simply because the flavor combos are more memorable to my palette. I’ve been falling in love with their Core and Cookie Core flavors lately too. I had That’s My Jam for my birthday earlier this year since it’s one of my favorite combos, chocolate and raspberry, but I recently tried Boom Chocolatta! and dang, that stuff is great too. Can’t decide which is my favorite.

12. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I don't prefer either of those. I like Kroger generic brand. Not just because it's cheaper, but I like the way in melts in my mouth and the flavoring. The more expensive brands can't do chocolate the way I like it. Theirs tend to be too rich.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    It is strange to me that some people have only had Hagen-Daaz a few times, and have had Ben and Jerry's a lot of times. In my experience, especially when it comes to what is on the menu at fast food places over here in the UK, there is always the choice to order Hagen-dazz, but never the option to purchase a portion of Ben and Jerry's for dessert. It is strange to me, since Ben and Jerry's is a lot more popular?

14. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I can go into almost any convenience store around here and find Ben and Jerry's, but not Hagen Dazz.. Also, in the grocery stores, Ben and jerry's tends to be slightly cheaper.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know what part of the world you live in. I live in the UK, and if I walk into a supermarket store, there will most likely always be Hagen-Daaz available, but the Ben and Jerry's tubs - as far as having varying flavors available - are pretty scarce at times, which can be really annoying when you see a new flavor advertised, and it just seems impossible to be able to find it, and taste it.

16. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey is my absolute favorite. It is so expensive ($10) around here that it is just an occasional treat. Every once in a while I will treat myself. :)

17. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the US. And I'm sure every place here isn't the same. But I've noticed there will be occasional references to ben & jerry's (usually something like 'cherry garcia') on American television. But not so much Hagan Daaz, I think its funny to think about how something as little as ice cream brands can be SO different.

18. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is so mean of you to ask for us to make that choice! I am in love with ice cream and those are actually my favorite brands ever. I choose Ben & Jerry's for the variety of flavor options, but I do think Hagen-daas overall tastes richer. It's always dream when you put a spoonful of ice cream in your mouth!

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't think that I have ever come across, or even heard of the Cherry Garcia flavor. As far as Hagen dazz over here, it is also very very rare that you will see a television advertisement about it. Ben and jerry's is much more common, but even still, their adverts are not THAT common.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to admit I can't choose between the two. I love both and alternate between them based on price at the time of my weekly shopping. I try not to buy ice-cream each time I go shopping, though. Those two brands make some devilish ice-cream and if I ate it all the time, I'd be the size of this house, for sure :(