Ben And Jerry's Vs. Hagen Daaz

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DancingLady • Jul 28, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure ice cream is the reason I haven't lost more weight than I have. There was a time where everytime I went grocery shopping, Kroger brand chocolate frozen yogurt. I don't care if its yogurt, its still going to make you gain a lot of weight, lol

2. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    Hmm I don't think I can pick between the two. I think I tend to lean towards whatever is on sale and which ever one has my favorite flavor in stock - fudge ripple. Fudge ripple ice cream has a vanilla ice cream base with huge droplets of fudge scattered around and they even throw in oreo sandwich cookie crumbs in the mix. It's super delicious and I could eat the whole tin in one day.

3. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Hagen Daaz tastes more high quality to me (just richer over all I guess) than Ben & Jerry's but BJs has waaaay better Flavors! They're just more fun generally so I tend to go with them unless I want a good classic flavor like strawberry or coffee or dulce de leche in which case it's Hagen Daaz all the way!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe I think I have the same weakness for ice-cream. I love it so much I can still eat it in the winter. I mean, who does that, right? I'm intrigued by Kroger brand chocolate frozen yogurt because I also love frozen yogurt. I've never heard of this particular brand but it sure sounds intriguing. You guys in the US have so many options, you're really lucky.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only flavor of hagen-dazz that I have tasted and somewhat enjoyed has been the strawberry and cheesecake flavor. It has a somewhat funny yet moreish taste to it. I find their other flavors bland. But Ben and Jerry's has a much wider and tastier selection, and therefore, they trump hagen-dazz in every event.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have always preferred Häagen-Dazs hands down, but about a week ago a friend of mine brought me some cups of Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake, and I have to say it was so tasty that I'm reconsidering my ice cream choice.

7. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    It might also be a regional/country thing too. Like I know where my mom lives (in Taiwan), they definitely will pick Hagen-Daaz over Ben and Jerry's (In fact I don't even know if she's ever heard of Ben and Jerry's). Hagen-Daaz is kind of famous in Taiwan and tends to be more expensive, so I remember when my cousins came over they were so excited about how much cheaper it is here than it is in Taiwan....resulting in them buying like 3 boxes of Hagen-Daaz popsicles and 2 pints of Hagen-Daaz :p

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy store brands, but when I have money, I splurge on Hagen-Dazs Coffee ice cream, it's one of my favorites. Ben and Jerry's is very popular back home in New England, but Blue Bell has the market cornered here, so years ago, I couldn't even find Hagen-Dazs here. I would eat either, and think they're both good quality. I'm all about the taste, rather than name, as long as I can afford it.

9. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    ben and jerry. I am a chocolate lover and my all time favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie and New York super fudge chunk. My problem with eating Ben & Jerry's ice cream is I just can't put it down. I never get enough until the whole pint size container is empty. This is a serious weakness for me, Ben & Jerry. Now Haagen Daaz is an ice cream I have never tried. I guess because I am hook on Ben & Jerry.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tasted the chocolate fudge brownie Ben and Jerry's ice cream, but found that it was much too rich in chocolate for me. I am not the biggest fan of chocolate as it is to begin with. So I tend to go more with the half baked fudge brownie Ben and Jerry's ice-cream. It is still rich in chocolate, but with the vanilla ice cream and chunks of cookie dough to balance it out, it is really nice.

11. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Being an ice cream fanatic, I love them both haha. And Graeter's and Cold Stone..I have something I like about every brand! I love Ben and Jerrys' variety of flavors, and that my grocery store sells the little mini cups of their ice cream too. The brownie is my absolute favorite. Yum!

12. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    They're both pretty good in my opinion. I had my wisdom teeth removed couple of days ago, so I've had a lot of ice cream lately. Ben and Jerry's is hands down the best, but Hagen Daaz is still pretty good. Honestly, ice cream has to be pretty bad for it not to taste good.

13. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    I'm very much familiar with Haagen Daaz and I think they're awesome. I have never tasted Ben and Jerry's before so there really is no comparison here. Come to think of it, I'm gonna head over to the mall and have some Haagen.

14. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    Ben and Jerry's seems to have the most creative and inventive flavors in my opinion. I love the Peanut Butter Fudge Core one and personally for me, it just cannot be beat. Also, even though I know they are both mass-produced brands, Ben and Jerry's has that "family farm" feel that just appeals to me, even though I know deep down it is just another corporation, haha.

15. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Hagen Daaz here in the supermarket but Ben and Jerry is only sold in S&R, the supermarket that sells mostly imported items. And since the prices are exorbitant, don't expect me to buy. I remember one time when my nephew from Hongkong arrived for a vacation and he wanted me to tag along when he went to shop in the supermarket, I had the opportunity to get a half gallon of Hagen Daaz courtesy of my rich nephew.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never struggled to find one or the other where I shop. The stores I go to always seem to carry both. I haven't seen a marked difference in price between the two, maybe because they're both a little pricey and I usually buy them when they're on promotion or if I'm feeling a bit flash :)

17. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    My husband is all about the Hagen Daaz , and I'm all about the Ben and Jerry. Ben and Jerry has so many more flavors that you never even think of until you taste it from this brand. He loves the butter pecan ice cream and that's all he needs in his life, but me, I need variety.

18. erbmusic

erbmusicNew Member

Threads:
    Both of the brands are fantastic! However, I would lean more towards Haagen-Dazs. They have fewer and simpler ingredients. The taste is more pure and a little bit healthier. I love the creme brulee and coffee flavors.

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I love Haagen Dazs ice cream, but these days I can only eat ice cream that's low fat or no fat and no sugar added too! Alas the days of eating just what you want and when you want are gone. I read labels and buy only things that are much less sugar or no sugar added period. I remember the days I could eat anything and those days are gone. :confused:

20. integrity101

integrity101New Member

Threads:
    Ben & Jerry's win hands down. They have my vote because I swore my undying love for their Coffee Heath Bar Crunch and the relationship is not about to end. I'm a coffee guy and when I need something cold, I always go for Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.