Beneficial Juices

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by catevanne • Oct 7, 2012.

1. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    Parsley and carrot juice provides zinc.
    Beet juice is a potent detoxifier.
    Carrot, kale and cantaloupe are all excellent sources of betacarotene.

So drink up!

2. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    All natural juices like that are really good for you. They are often tasty and hopefully you drink them fresh. Along with water, these might help with weight loss.

3. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    Raw vegetable juice is high in vitamins and generally low in sugar,however the fibre included in vegetables would be helpful in managing your constipation.

4. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Don't forget to include pineapple juice! It is a good source of fiber. Fiber adds bulk into out stools and also improves absorption. This prevents constipation and some also says that it cleanses our colon! :D

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The natural juices are the best option to refresh, nourish and give vitality to our body. The best thing is that we can elaborate them ourselves and with a wide range of flavors. Prepare homemade juice provides a good deal of vitality, especially if consumed daily. A good alternative is the juice of celery, carrot and grapefruit, this is one of my favorites. I like the apple and orange juice. There are many combinations, and we can choose the one that best suits our taste. :D

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cranberry juice is also a good drink to add to the diet. It is often mixed with apple juice because it tends to be a little on the tart side. Adding carrot juice or lime juice also helps to sweeten tart taste of cranberry juice. It is believed to help with urinary tract infections.

7. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like apple juice and orange juice. I also drink coconut water now and then, to help flush the kidneys.

8. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I thought beet juice was essential for Iron! Well I have to admit that I didn't know that it was also a great detoxifiers..How much quantity does one need for this detoxification?

9. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I knew carrots and cantaloupe are great sources of beta carotene, but I was not aware that kale is as well. I will have to add some kale to my morning smoothies from now on. Thank you for this information!

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know that blueberry juice is like one of a kind good for you. I drink this all the time and they say it's good for memory problems and I just can't get enough of it. I wish I could afford to buy gallons for a month supply or more. They say that beet juice is also good for you and I haven't tried that one yet but I will, the problem is, why do they charge so much for the average person can't afford to buy it whenever they would like to and that makes it a problem to try to stay healthy.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love pomegranate juice it is rich in vitamin C, it contains folic acid, Potassium, vitamin K , vitamin b6 and omega-6fatty acids. Pomegranates contain punicalagins which are considered to be a superior form of antioxidant. This helps scavenge free radicals, avoid cell damage and is a great anti-aging drink.

12. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I love fresh juice. I like apple carrot and celery most often though you cannot go wrong with fresh juice. I just hate having to wash out the juicer after juicing.

13. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know iluvmario, I hate that job also and wish they would sell it in the stores for lazy people like you and I. I know they have a juice bar not far from my house but by the time they get through juicing for you, then you may as well give them your whole paycheck for the week. So, it's much cheaper for us lazy ones to juice it ourself and not depend on going to the juice bar each and everyday for some health and filling juice.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always assumed that any type of juice that came from fruits or vegetables always have some beneficial and healthy stuff in them except for the ones that you buy in powder form, obviously. But it's nice to know the info that was posted here, because I really never knew the specific benefits of a particular type of juice.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Natural juices are always good. I hadn't thought of drinking anything with kale in it, though o_O.

16. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    In order to treat goiter, fresh juices of oranges, apples, pineapples and grapes must be consumed every day for least five days in a row. These juices help in detoxification and cleansing of the body and help in reliving goiter symptoms. After five days, the patient must consume lukewarm water throughout the day. The juice fast initiates the body to prepare for healing as well as helps the individual to swallow without pain or discomfort due to goiter.

17. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm long overdue to get into juicing, but I always assume that juicers are so expensive... still it's probably worth it in the long run, as health is the most important thing, and a juicer can't be as expensive as a sick day or a trip to the doctor.