Benefits of personal trainers

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Eldwin • Nov 30, 2012.

1. Eldwin

EldwinNew Member

Threads:
    Hi All,
    Personal trainers helps you to improve your overall health as personal trainer is well trained fitness planner. Personal trainer motivates you by setting goals and set exercise program to improve your overall fitness by measuring your strengths and weaknesses with fitness assessments.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used a personal trainer. I think they would come in handy if you have trouble staying motivated to workout. I actually prefer to work out as part if a group, like an aerobics class. It's a lot of fun.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. I take a yoga class because I like working out in a group, and I like having a professional in the room to make sure I'm moving correctly and not hurting myself. I wouldn't use a personal trainer, though, as it would feel like an unnecessary expense.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    If you could afford one why not? But, I guess I wouldn't spend so much money on a personal trainer.. you have so much information available and videos which are free and it would be enough to use those and motivate yourself. Now, that doesn't mean I say that personal trainers have no role to play.. this is said more from a financial perspective.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a qualified personal trainer. Some people need a personal trainer for motivation and an effective workout program. However, you don't necessarily need a personal trainer if you have a basic understanding of fitness training and you have the motivation.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I had the opportunity to work with a personal trainer for a while last year. It was really difficult some days, but I appreciated being able to do it, and I definitely got stronger as a result. Before the workouts I was never able to do a pushup, so that was a big accomplishment for me.

7. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Due to budget constraints, I'll have to rely on myself to be my own trainer. If you can afford a trainer good for you. I do agree that having one is only beneficial. You have someone there to motivate and help push you to your goals and teach you the right way to exercise. You can't put a price on your health.

8. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I think everyone could benefit from a personal trainer. If I could afford it, I definitely would work with one. When I first signed up with my gym, they offered me a one-hour session with a personal trainer and it was the best work out ever. The personal trainer knew so many different things that I would have never known to do myself, while telling me exactly what I was working on. She gave me a lot of tips, telling me suggestions I could try while I was at work (and feeling restless). She motivated me when I thought I was unable to do something - that kind of motivation is something that couldn't come from me inside. I had to hear someone, a professional, say that I was going to be OK and that I could do it. It boosted my confidence.

I think for someone with willpower, motivation, and an accurate understanding of fitness training, he/she will be fine - but could still benefit from a personal trainer. It's more effective. Plus, if you pay someone for it, you may even be more inclined to get your money's worth!

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just be sure to look into someone you are about to trust with your health and safety. I rarely see a personal trainer who hasn't just taken a weekend course or online test to become a trainer. I swear! it's that easy.. ANYone can become a personal trainer if they have a few bucks. They have no idea about the proper movements to avoid injury etc, everything they do, you can do on your own. Especially the ones who have you balancing on balls or running back and forth or jumping around lol. Not many (especially in commercial gyms, but it's true for most gyms),not many have a real solid background. Even just experience for many years doesn't always mean anything.. I see many who have been doing it wrong for their entire career lol. So PLEASE, give your money to someone who is really worthy.. I've seen serious injuries (both minor and serious) and I've even seen death.. a real trainer will know your personal limitations and work with them. It's not one size fits all.