Benefits Of Using Public Transportation.

Discussion in Travel started by luckycharm • Oct 21, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever possible I use public transportation system not only because it is cheap but also due to environmental factors. If everybody starts using their own vehicle it will increase air pollution beyond limits accelerating carbon footprint. Moreover by using public mode we are saving fuel which is the need of the hour. Our roads are flooded with vehicles which often cause traffic congestion and if we decide to use public transport it can be controlled to a great extent.

Moreover, as we depend more on public transportation this results in the growth of this sector and thereby increases employment opportunities in this field. So there are innumerable benefits in using public transportation system.

How often do you use public transportation facility?

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own a car myself so I always take public transportation. I hate it because I get an immense headache and especially on hot days.

You bring up very good points and what you state is completely true. Less vehicles on the road, less contamination. Let's also keep in mind though that many buses emit a lot more smog than family cars.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I fully agree with this thread. However the public transportation here is not reliable. First is the long line of passengers. Second is the risk of riding where the bus driver is reckless. Third is the weather which is hotter. If I have a car I will not hesitate to use my car for a little convenience.

But when we travel to Hong Kong or Singapore, we always use the public transportation because they are efficient.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK there as been a big push on people using public transport and there's been a lot of investment in bus, rail and metrolink services. The major problem though is the reliability of the services and even though there as been a lot of investment, the money seems to have gone to the wrong parts of the service and they still very rarely run on time.

There's no doubt that people will use public transport more and more, especially in and around the city centres, but for people to leave the car at home and use the buses and trams on a regular basis, they have to be sure that they are actually going to be able to rely on the service, especially when it comes on travelling to and from work so until that part of the service is fixed, people will still keep using their own cars no matter what other incentives are being offered.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You have given out good points here. I use public transportation since I don't own a car, if I did I would prefer my car. I know that it might not be the best choice for the enviroment but sometimes there is not much time in the day to wait for the bus and it takes much longer to get to my destination with all the stops it makes.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I want to have a privacy every time I travel by land for I don't want to mingle with people who are too noisy and smoking inside the public vehicle. So what I can do? I can't afford to have a car of my own. Well, I have to take the public bus every time I want to go to the capital city for business or doing some shopping with my wife. Riding on a public transportation is cheaper compared to a private car of you own in which in need of maintenance and the gas is too expensive.

7. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the only advantage that I can think off by using public transports is that it's a lot cheaper. The things I don't like about public transportation is that it sometimes makes you late on an appointment (It's because you have to fall in line to buy tickets and to enter the vehicle), your personal space will be taken away from you because you are forced to be beside a stranger, and you are prone to bad elements like snatchers and perverts.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you but I live in a place where the nearest public transport is available at a distance of at least 1.5 km so I will have to walk that distance and by the time I will reach there I shall be in my office 8 km away if I use my car or motorbike. Besides I walk/jog for almost one hour in the morning which is another deterring factor I avoid walking this distance. But I agree public transport is useful in many ways.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with the OP. I personally do not prefer to travel in public transport but Instead I prefer to walk wherever I can unless it is somewhere real far.
    I have always walked all my life and I resort to private vehicle on either too hot days or at nights only.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I agree we save fuel and conserve our natural environment if we use public transportation. These are a few things I equally look at when I use the commercial buses and I factor in the cost of transportation too. It's a lot cheaper with public transportation.

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Local traveling is really cheapest light on you packet but need to be a patient person for traveling with different different persons.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It is not cheapest in some cases but it sure saves from traffic hazards especially travelling by Metro Trains and Rapid Trains. Besides I keep a difference in case my co-passenger is not of my liking but in most cases I do not need to talk with them because the duration is of travel is short and I finish some urgent planning for the day or look at result of my day's work.

13. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Talking about the price of public transport, a lot of people say that it isn't cheap but when you compare it to the cost you have when you own your own car then it really IS. When you have a car you don't just pay for the petrol for the journey, but you are paying insurance and road tax also and it soon mounts up.

In the city where I live I can get a monthly bus pass for £50. That means I can travel on any bus, any day and at any time. I spend £80 a month just on petrol alone in the car and so add the other expenses on top of that and you soon see that public transport is inexpensive. Unfortunately it's also unreliable and that's where the major problem is with it.

14. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    Breathing outside air, driving securely, being physically dynamic, and staying away from over the top anxiety are a couple of the outstanding strides toward carrying on with a sound way of life. Really, utilizing travel bolsters the majority of the above!

People who utilize open transportation get more than three times the measure of physical action every day of the individuals who don't.Public transportation enhances access to training and business, which thus prompts to better long haul monetary open doors. Contamination is evaluated to bring about the same number of passings every year as auto collisions. Be that as it may, transports (particularly more up to date diesel and electrically fueled vehicles) deliver less contamination than autos per traveler mile by using propelled innovations and higher guidelines.

15. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    In our area, public transport is the most convenient travel mode than private means.First and foremost it is cheap and very reliable. On the other hand private means can be very expensive.There is usually a lot of traffic jam,packing can also be a challenge and the traffic police,you are better off avoiding them.

16. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer riding a bike or walking as my primary means of in-town transportation, but public transport is usually nice too. Sometimes it can be too crowded or dirty but where I live people in public transport are scarce and they keep it very clean. The tickets are also extremely cheap, it's like 2$ for a 30 ride card.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    One other benefit of using public transport especially for a tourist or journalist you get to meet locals one on one. That may just be a good opportunity to get to interview one or two persons with a view to understanding the culture or way of life directly from the local dwellers.

18. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I know that the rates around are pretty much nothing if you time things right, but I still cannot get used to having to be on someone else's time. I think that if it were more something that everyone did it would be a lot different, but we are not there yet around here.

19. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, when its available I have used the bus and some benefits of using it are- you can take a nap,and relax instead of getting into a road rage situation in a car as well. I like to use the full range of choices when it comes to public transportation like trains,planes,and ferries/ boats as well. But also I like to walk and ride a bike as well to get around which can be fun sometimes.

20. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really really wish that I lived in a place with at least some decent public transportation. I am not sure why but it has always been subpar here even when it has been funded, but I am not sure I will ever see the day.