Benefits Of Using Public Transportation.

Discussion in Travel started by luckycharm • Oct 21, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well riding the bus you never have to worry about parking, but you'll have to walk to everywhere you want to get to always. I only ride the bus and relinquished my license a few years back. What I've experienced is you'll need your car for emergencies or you'll have to ride a cab which is very expensive or rely on someone for a ride. One great thing about our bus system which is reliable and some runs 24/7 is you'll always have to give yourself 45 min. - hour ahead to get to any appointments either way. It is inexpensive $60 for a bus pass where you can ride anywhere for the monthly bus pass anytime rides. When it rains is when I miss my car the most or when I got very heavy things to haul home from shopping too.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Public transport is fine, but bicycling or walking is better for your health and possibly cheaper. Also, there are some downsides to public transport. For one thing, if it's a bus, then it's subject to problems in traffic. In that case, it isn't a sure thing you will get to work, though, it's highly probable. However, though, the downside to walking is that it can take too long and the downside to bicycles is that they can be stolen. Can anyone see some more pros and cons?

#22May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  3. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    But what if you are far away from your hometown and don't know any relatives. will you be able to rent a bycile or a bike?

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The public transport in my area does offer a comfortable and relaxing ride most of the times. The flip side of the coin, however, is that in recent times I have to be waiting for an inordinate period of time before a bus arrives.There is an admittance by the authorities that there is a shortage of buses on many of the routes and there is no indication when this problem will be resolved.What I will have to do is to leave out very much earlier that I am scheduled to reach my destination in order to avoid being late or inconvenienced.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I use them quite frequently. It is benefit for all. I mean it is good for environment, it can save fuel, less traffic, no parking tension(lol), no headache of driving in heavy traffic. So it is kinda good stuff to use. I always choose it whenever I have to move around in city part. And yes it can save our lots of money if we regular use it than our private vehicle.

6. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have my car so I usually depend on public transportation for almost everything. I commute by bus usually to work. and you have mentioned some useful points there. Using public transportation will improve this sector thereby increasing employment opportunities.

7. KunaSmith

KunaSmithNew Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm always using the public transport because I don't have my own car. I don't have any choice. So have to use the public transportation.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    As long as it is possible, I always take a public transport. When you take a public transport, you will save a lot of money. Traveling through public transport costs less than hiring a private transport. Furthermore, when you take public transport you are also saving energy, which ultimately benefits the mankind.

9. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I use public transportation quite often for my studies. I use to depend on the bus entirely before I had a car. Now I drive up to the train and take it, the parking space at my university gets too crowded so some of us are better off going on the train. It also saves me a ton of gas, the train is very cheap for students.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I think the only (and a good one, by the way :D) benefit is the financial issue... Besides that, I can't see anything that can be mentioned as a good thing. o_O