Bereavement Jewelry

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Sep 21, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lost my cat last year, I purchased a nice bracelet as a memorial to him, figuring it was something I could wear and keep him close to me. I have an Etsy shop, so I follow jewelry trends somewhat closely. I also follow a lot of pet-related accounts, and so the ad popped up on Facebook for the bracelet and similar jewelry, and I checked it out and ended up purchasing the bracelet.

I recently lost a loved one, and when I was researching urns online, I learned about bereavement jewelry. I knew about the jewelry geared towards losing pets, but had never really considered purchasing something similar for human loved ones who've passed. Because we're having difficulty with this loss, I'm considering purchasing bereavement rings to help us cope. I am on a tight budget, and so something expensive is out of the question. I came across

, and the prices are very reasonable. There are a few rings I'm looking at, but I haven't made the purchase yet. Although i will probably purchase from this site, I'm sure there are other sites that can be found by searching using the term bereavement jewelry, ring, bracelet, and I have also seen some similar styles sold in Etsy shops.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of Bereavement jewelry, it seems like a natural fit however. It is better as far as I am concerned, than what people tend to do around here which is post their loved ones name, and in memorial on the back of their truck windshield. Ummm, well maybe if you are a good old boy, or the deceased was one. Reasonable is the name of the game in terms of jewelry, I like it.

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I admit, I have never heard about bereavement jewelry. Now that I heard about it, I am going to share my thoughts. I am sorry if someone is offended by my views. I sharing my thoughts just as freedom of expression. Bereavement jewelry is such a stupid idea. Why don't you keep photos of your loved one (including animals), instead of wearing things that is never connected to your loved ones.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Buying a bereavement jewelry is not my cup of tea, either. It would be difficult for me to establish a connection between the deceased and the brand new jewelry, whether it's cheap or expensive. I'd rather keep a deceased loved one's thing or treasure the gifts that he/she had given me. I have a lot of those stuff in my house and they remind me of loved ones who have passed away. I'll treasure them in my heart forever no matter how trivial the keepsakes may seem. Yeah, even candy wrappers or chocolate bags would be fine.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I disagree I think bereavement jewelry is a kind idea to help the living cope with the loss of a loved one. At home we are battling cancer; just found out that Honokiol Magnolia Bark is a cancer cure and we're going to try it. I am reminded to be strong, but it's not easy when you've lost your loved one. I think it's a warm gesture to have bereavement jewelry. I didn't know about it, but now that I do know I'll be looking into it. Thanks for the posting for it helps me so much.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    It's quite common to do this in the UK and I think it's a lovely idea. If it helps a bereaved person, whether it be a pet or a relative, feel closer to the one they have lost then why not. My mum died more than 2 years ago and I still have her ashes because I am undecided what to do with them. The jewellery is quite expensive but I thought I might be able to seal some of her ashes in a locket that I already have. I don't care if people think that's stupid ;)