Best Advice on Saving Money for Cable

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by True2marie • Nov 29, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I lowered my cable bill substantially by turning off my services temporarily. During this period, I received several 'special offers' with lower amounts. After about three months, I got one for $100 that included the Internet, cable and special channels.

If you can hold out, try this method especially if you signed up for cable a few years ago and got a 'bad' deal.

2. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    This works for bigger towns that have a few different options for TV services. Unfortunately, where I live we have only one company that offers cable along with two companies that offer satellite TV services.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    In my area we have Cox, Verizon FIOS, and Satellite services. The holding out method does work and you can get a great deal. My friend use to just call up saying he would cancel and they would give him a great discount each month for his service.

4. JoeyJ

JoeyJBanned

Threads:
    I love pulling this on customer support especially if they are rude. Comcast is pretty stubborn when it comes to this. They don't have great customer support, and sometimes it seems as if they don't even value their customers.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have come to find I do not need cable at all. I can see how this is of no help to you but it really helped my wallet out immensely. A lot of what is on cable is repeated ad nauseam and I started to question why I had something I was rarely home to enjoy. The only thing I can say I miss would be American football games but I resolved this issue by going out more to watch at a restaurant or bar.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our cable costs around $13 per month only, so it's not quite a lot. But if I were to move out, for sure I won't be subscribing to cable. I'm quite content with just having an internet connection.