Best And Legal Free Ebook Sites Online

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by CinnamonBear • Sep 4, 2012.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a Gutenburger as well, lol.. thanks for the other links guys! Very helpful.

2. Deborah S

Deborah SNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think that free ebooks are the way to go because many sites have torrents that also carry computer viruses or have illegal copies, etc... I can recommend an awesome alternative in which you pay what you want for the book you download. The site is:

(Open Books) and they have a huge selection of books to read and share (for free) with friends and family. I think this is a safe, fair, and easy way to download ebooks. I hope you will check it out

#22Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of Internet Archive before, but honestly, I am not really a huge fan of ebooks. Whenever I look for one, I would just visit Goodreads and download an ebook for free. Anyway, thank you everyone for sharing those sites. I might give it a shot one of these days. :)

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks to those who contributed, I don't know most of the sites mentioned! I have a Kindle and usually search for free eBooks on there if I don't have much money to spend. But like someone else said, the free ones aren't always worth it because they're rubbish. So I'll be sure to check out the recommended sites.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why, thank you for letting us know about Internet Archive. This is the first time I've read about that site. I may or may not have come across it during one of my surfing sessions but the interface reminds me of Project Gutenberg. Apparently, Gutenberg is one of their sources. Internet Archive does appear to be a search engine that specializes in electronic books.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing all the sites. I'm going to check them out see if i could get free ebooks. I normally just download torrent ebooks and they work for me but I'm going to try this.