Best And Worst Movie Of 2013

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 20, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I honestly can't come up with best for this year. If I had to pick, I'd probably choose Man of Steel but I admit that it's a little bit of a stretch especially when compared to my past best choices. As for worst, After Earth seems to get the common consensus, and having not seen it yet, I can't really comment on it but I will say that I don't really plan on seeing it because even just the trailer looks boring to me. Every other movie I've seen this year seems to fall somewhere in between which I'd categorize as just "okay", so I'm looking to you guys to remind me on some movies that I may have looked over or forgotten but deserves mention - either as the best or the worst of the movies this year.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to have to go with either of The Hunger Games (am I still in the right year on the first one?) for best movies. I loved the books and thought they did a great job on the movies so far as well.

I actually haven't seen many movies this year and I tend to avoid ANYTHING that gets a bad review, so I have nothing for worst movie.

Didn't see Man of Steel, but it is on my list. I also didn't see Iron Man 3, but heard it was awesome, so that might give your Superman a run for his money…

I do love me some RDJ. :)

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big movie watcher, but I really did enjoy "The Butler". I never trust best and worst lists. All of the people who saw "After Earth" really liked it.

I didn't see Man of Steel or Hunger Games. I have seen so many Superman movies in my lifetime. I think he needs a break.

4. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    For the best movie, my pick would be Pacific Rim. It basically does what it promises: Giant robots fights giant monsters. Great effects and amazing fights.
    Worst movie... It's hard to choose one. I've seen so many bad movies this year that I can't choose just one.

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I actually think that Iron-Man 3 is the most horrible movie this year. A huge disappointment for what they did with the story and how it ended. If you're a fan of Iron-Man as a whole not just the movies you won't like it.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Frozen and The Hunger Games are definitely on the top of my list this year. I was expecting The Hunger Games to be great but Frozen came as a surprise to me. I didn't think that it would be such an incredible film. Superb job Disney. As for the worst? I'd go for Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. There's nothing good to say about this movie. It sucks. Just look at the costumes: :p
    TMI5.

7. yambfas

yambfasMember

Threads:
    I haven't seen a ton of movies in the theater this year. I guess my personal pick for best movie would be The Great Gatsby. I went back to see it 2 more times in the theater! I'm a big Leo fan and Baz Luhrman fan. I also loved the book The Great Gatsby, so not entirely surprising that I loved this one (I'd been eagerly anticipating it for awhile) I didn't see any movies this year that I didn't enjoy (at least not in the theater) I know a lot of people loved Gravity, and I know it's making a lot of Best of 2013 lists. It seemed too intense for me, so I never saw it. Might wait til it's on DVD.

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    The best movie that I have watched in 2013 was "The Conjuring", which was the scariest movies I have ever seen. I don't usually watch horror movies that are about ghosts and things like that because they cause me nightmares. This is the movie I have watched in the year of 2013, therefore, I don't have the list for the worst movie I have watched. Although, I have heard "Superman" isn't as good as what they thought.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most movies released these year have been B-A-D. So I'll only list some of the worst movies from 2013.

1. Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
    2. Riddick.
    3. Thor: The Dark World.

If you haven't watched them, don't bother getting the DVD. You'll have missed nothing.

10. freebiefan1

freebiefan1New Member

Threads:
    Best - The wolf of wall street
    Worse - Some of the worse - Homefront, The Counselor, This Is the End

11. masud12

masud12New Member

Threads:
    I think that Iron-Man 3 is the best horrible movie in 2013.

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that the best movie for 2013 is Disney's Frozen! I cried buckets during that movie, the storyline was so beautiful and I loved the songs. The worst movie would definitely have to be Closed Circuit. The movie really had no point to it; it started of interesting but as it progressed it really was pathetic, the ending just made the whole thing fall apart. Mortal Instruments: City of Bones was also pretty bad; I think that it moved too fast and some parts of the storyline left you astray.