Best Anti-Virus

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by chiofthenorns • Sep 6, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As well as running Malwarebytes, I am running Norton too. I recently restored my computer to the condition that it was in when we first purchased it and Norton was on it at the time, hence why it is active again. It is annoying me. I cannot o certain things unless I disable Norton, which again is quite annoying. It can be a little slow at times too.

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use avg antivirus and it works really great for me. It does its job really well and the biggest plus point is its completely free. I also use kaspersky internet security for internet related application. I have to pay for it but it really helps during online transactions, which I do a lot. I think it is quite an overdo but I get freaked out if my computer is not very secure.

3. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    The two that I can recommend the most are Norton and Kaspersky. Microsoft Security Essentials is not a full antivirus program and it does not catch many viruses. I cannot recommend AVG either. You can always try a free trial of each one for 30 days to figure out which one you like the most.

4. Saji

SajiNew Member

Threads:
    The world's most powerful antivirus is Bitdefender Total Security 2015. However, as that antivirus uses 2 engines, it greatly slows down the system. It's also very expensive. I recommend using Norton 360 2015 as it is much cheaper and has only a minor impact on system resources. I speak from experience as I've used both antiviruses. I must admit has very, very high detection rates. Its 2015 version found out 100% of all the viruses used to test (first time in the world). However, as this stellar detection rates are achieved using 2 antivirus engines, it greatly slows down even gaming laptops. Norton, on the other hand, has very high detection rates, but has only a minor impact on system resources. Like I said before, I prefer to use Norton due to its lower resource usage.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    In the US, Webroot seems to offer the best deal for the cheapest price. However, if you want to go even cheaper, then there is 360 Total Security for free. However, you will be exposed to ads, though.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried the free versions of the following anti-virus apps: Kaspersky, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender. I was not satisfied. My laptop still was invaded by virus which is difficult to remove.

My last recourse was to reformat my laptop to the latest OS Windows 10 and be contented with its built in virus removal, MS Security Essentials, and ESET NOD32 Antivirus. My laptop works well and I am no longer bothered by a virus. Besides, I am extra careful in visiting sites which are dangerous or virus loaded one. I also very choosy in download files, videos, and the like for they may be loaded with a trojan viruses.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me, I am using free anti virus only since more than 7 years. I am using avast and it is working really good for home usage for my person computer. I guess for me free is okay. But yes it depends on usage. So if you need to purchased version then avast having purchased version too. You can consider it as my personal experience with it is quite good.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use what most use Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free and the free version of Malwarebytes-just got to somehow be patient with the pop up windows that want you to buy the paying version-it stops after about 10 pop ups. It's a good idea to enable your computer's defender. Just ask your controls if you use windows, type in enable defender and up it pops. I like these 3 anti virus and anti malware and anti spyware. My friend installed COMODO a very good and quick internet security scan and checker which is free too. I never heard of COMODO until my friend installed it for me in my laptop. Good luck.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've always used Norton (since my first computer) and to this day I still use it and I'm extremely satisfied (no complaints to make about it). I have no plans to make any changes.

Norton is the life of my notebooks. :p

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go for Symantec which was my anti virus before the license expired. It is hassle free unlike other anti virus that slows down your computer. Worse, some anti virus automatically updates itself so the slowdown is very evident. My anti virus now is Avast. It is free and downloadable online, so very convenient.

11. Pooja Patel

Pooja PatelNew Member

Threads:
    Avast is the best one. avast free version working like a pro version.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Avast is a good anti-virus, and it's also free, so I think that would be a good choice for you. I have used other brands like AVG as well, so you can try it out too, it's also free and it does what it's supposed to do. I never really thought of getting the paid version of those softwares.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I will never listen to any other suggestion because 360 security is the best anti-virus for me. It is free but I find it better than the paid anti-virus softwares out there. It is lightweight and it is not needy with attention unlike the annoying Avira. It is not like the other anti-virus softwares out there that mistakes games as malwares, It also doesn't drain memory unlike the other anti-virus programs out there.I had tried everything and most of them are bulky.

14. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    You can find that Kaspersky and AVG seems to be the top anti virus at the moment. And they are offering their service for free. Though at some point they may have the slow speed. But if you are looking for paid package then go with premium AVG subscription. It is not expensive and it can be surely good for removal of some viruses. I have found those viruses to be good enough on many terms.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I was using AVG in the past. But yes avast is really good. I am using it since long and it really works well for home purpose. It is also having paid version, but so far I have no experience with paid version, but as free version is really good then paid version should be good too. But I guess for personal usage free version is enough.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have used a few Antivirus one thing I can authoritatively say this my latest Antivirus, Avast, is the best in my own view and from experience I have had using others. I am not using the premium, just the free version and it's working great, good alerts and blocking of suspicious programs. I have been using Avast for more than three years now in my computer and mobiles, it's been perfect.

17. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have been through so many of these things that I am not even sure anymore which ones work and which ones keep up the best. They just change so often that I get all confused.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I had tried Avast,Kaspersky and Avira. At certain point they were the best but not anymore. They slow down my computer like crazy and they kept on begging to be updated. 360 security updates it's self and also cleans junk files. It is a Jack of all trades that of software and it is light weight. It doesn't slow down my computer unlike the overrated relics people here kept on suggesting.

19. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    You know as time progresses and more and more companies and products become more abundant it is hard to answer a question. I think one of the best anti-virus systems out there would have to be Avast if you really upgrade it but there are a good number of other anti-virus programs that I have yet to try out such as Vipre.

20. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    There are numerous antivirus available in the market. I am using Escan antivirus for the last 6 years at my home. This is one of the best antivirus around and I haven't had any virus attacks for the past 6 years. The antivirus costs around $12 per year per computer in my country. Earlier my PC was prone to virus attacks and I had to format it every 6-8 months.

My office PC has Quickheal antivirus. It is also a well known brand. My cousin's laptop has Norton antivirus.