Best As Seen On Tv Product You Have Purchased?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Dame6089 • Jun 12, 2015.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    What is the best As Seen on TV product that you have purchased? For me it was probably the Fasta Pasta maker. It is extremely cheap and a really basic idea, but it was a lifesaver in college when I didn't have a kitchen to cook in. I was able to make decent meals with just a microwave.

2. shrinkwatson

shrinkwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    That Magic Bubble Automatic Shower Cleaner. It doesn't clean a damn thing

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I was actually asking about the best As Seen On TV product you have purchased, not the worst. But now I know what product to avoid, so that's a plus!

4. shrinkwatson

shrinkwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    ohhh......... thanks dame

5. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I buy a lot of things from the As Seen On TV category. Most of it does not work so great. However, I did buy Cami Secret and it worked great to give me the coverage I needed.

6. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that the only thing I have bought and liked is my mop. It doesn't last long and after exactly one year just before the guarantee is over, it breaks but I can replace the end at cheaper than buying a new mop and it is not as disgusting as using the old fashioned mop which you have to rinse out with your hands, other than that everything else that I have bought from there has broken or never worked like they have shown on tv.

7. polski691

polski691New Member

Threads:
    The Magic Bullet, hands down. You'd think there was some sort of trickery with the speeds they advertised the blender worked at, but you'd be wrong (just like I was). It was quick and efficient, and for someone who had lived a gourmet lifestyle before being carted off to college, quite the godsend. At the risk of sounding like someone advertising the Bullet, I would heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a niche product for their blending adventures!

(The cheesy infomercial was what attracted me to the Bullet at first! :D )

8. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a good product! I bought a blender not a tv product but another name brand and I used it for about a week to make smoothies and then it broke and burned out, so if this one lasts long I am on board!

9. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I have not bought too many, but one I love is the Ped Egg. It is an 'egg shaped' "cheese grater" style pedicure tool for filing off the dead skin on your feet. The blades actually held up quite well, they stayed functional for about 2 years before I felt I had to replace it. The egg shape is nice as well. It fits great in the palm of your hand and allows for easy use without slipping or sliding.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy much of those so the only one I can think of which was on the shopping network was a keyboard. I don't even know if they sell it anymore because it's so old. It doesn't work as good now (it might need new batteries?) but it lasted me a lot of years. The model number is CTK-330.
    I bought something that is the official brand As Seen on TV recently that I like but it's too soon to tell because I just bought it a few days ago.

11. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Happened to me the same thing, but with the George Foreman Grill, which has seen the best as-seen-on-TV product that I have purchased.

I didn't care about grilling with less fat and all the sales speech to get one convinced to buy this, but what I really loved was the idea of having a small indoor grill in my kitchen rather than a large charcoal grill outdoor in the terrace.

Overtime I bought a Betty Crocker panini grill that is relatively similar to George Foreman grill, but larger and with a fancy metallic red color shell, but this is it. The Betty Crocker looks outstanding, but doesn't serve as much as the George Foreman.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Ninja Master Prep blender has been my favorite infomercial purchase, but I waited until One Sale A Day had it on sale for $20 before buying it. It works and it looks nice, and it's lasted 3 years so far. I use it to make frozen drinks and blended coffee beverages.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really haven't bought much from the As Scene on TV category, but one thing I bought was the pasta maker with the quick drain lid. The pot bent and had to be junked after awhile...but I still have the drain lid and I use that from time to time with other pots..It is not really necessary though because you can just drain the pasta into a collander.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't purchase it but the Ninja Bullet has really been a good item to have in the home. We had another larger blender that we do not use now that we have the Ninja Bullet to make. I am happy to see someone said they purchased the Cammi cover and it was worthe money, I have wanted one but did not know if it was a good purchase.

15. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy very many As Seen On TV products, but the Ninja Bullet does sound interesting. My regular blender is not going to last much longer, so I'll have to look into it. One that I did buy is the Aqua Globes. They would serve my purpose if I could use them indoors, but I can't have plants inside, since the cats eat them. It's too hot outside here for the volume of water they hold, but I still have them because they're so pretty, so even though I don't use them to water the plants, they look pretty sitting in a pot on my balcony.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a habit to buy stuff as As Seen on TV... I just think it's shady how fake they all sound when talking about a product...
    But something I ended up buying once was the Dr. Rey shaper. I really like it, it's high quality and shapes wonderfully.

17. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely the swiiffer carpet cleaner because years back when there were constant commercials advertising it, my mom bought one right away and used it. She was very satisfied with it because you can stick them under the couch and it's really light so even I had a good time using it.

We enjoyed that product so much that we even bought the swiffer floor cleaner and it was just as good! Instead of vacuuming it's just like a mop. But the best part was after you finished mopping up the floors, you just rip up the dirt catcher at the bottom and replace it with another when you have to mop again. The replacements come in big boxes and are so worth the money. Swiffer has always been a favorite ever since it's commercials for us. The ease of use and convenience really makes it a plus.

18. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    This is a great thread. I am very curious of these TV products. Those infomercials can be pretty darn convincing. At times I am so tempted to buy one but I am doubting the durability and how good the products really are. Base on the posts, the good buys are the Magic Bullet, the Fasta Pasta maker, the George Foreman Grill, the Ninja Master Prep blender and the Cami Secret. Other products have a 1-2 years life span. Not good for me. Hope others can contribute, too.

19. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    The Magic Bullet is a wondrous puree machine. I have made everything from smoothies to hummus with this great concoction and had it come out wonderfully every single time. Not only that, but the portion sizes you get from the compact size are absolutely perfect for the calorie counter.

The Perfect Pancake is also a really good product as long as you know how to use it. I made cornmeal patties after buying some old fashioned batter at an outdoor festival, and they came out superbly. I just wish I hadn't lost it.

20. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Magic Hose is the only one I remember that we had bought because of the home shopping tv ads. As seen on tv, yes, it is correct on that, the hose is stretchable and lightweight when not in use. However, the durability was in question since it did not last a year. So now we bought another one but it is the cheaper brand. And it's still okay after 6 months of use.