Best bags for work?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by alc89 • Oct 16, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Hi, all -

I work in a law firm and currently use a Coach bag. It's too big, though. I find myself losing things in there all the time and I end up carrying a lot of extra weight for no reason. Do you recommend any high quality, designer or not, bags that are appropriate for a professional firm? Here's what I carry: my Kindle, a small Moleskin planner, a set of Pens, my wallet, a change purse (which is also where my loyalty cards are), my keys, and my phone. Occasionally I'll bring a small make up case, but I've ended up just bringing a stick of Palmer's cocoa butter and eyeliner - no need to bring everything when I rarely use it after the morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would go with black or brown. Thanks for your help.

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Big purses are a hassle. I think they are only good when your traveling or toting around kids. I'm not big on collecting trash, so my big purses are like this big abyss of emptiness and so it takes forever just to find my keys.

Anyway, I have to first say it's not easy anymore to find a great small bag that isn't a cross-body mini bag or clutch. Sad thing... So, if all else fails you can try a cross-body mini. It doesn't look as good as a shoulder bag when wearing a suit, but I have seen lawyers pull it off, walking in the city.

So, here are some designer black purses I like:

1. kate spade new york 'post street - madison' shoulder bag
    2. Longchamp 'Roseau Croco' Small Shoulder Bag
    3. Longchamp 'Roseau' Shoulder Bag
    4. kate spade new york 'chamber street - carlyle' croc embossed satchel
    5. Dooney & Bourke Handbag, Dillen II Mini Barrel Bag

In Brown:
    1. Tory Burch 'Mini Square' Tote

I hope this helps some. :)

3. mslianne

mslianneNew Member

Threads:
    Why not try the leather bags? :) It looks good with office attire. I really love using leather bags when I go anywhere. Leather bags is much better basing on the quality.

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your recommendations. Like others said, a leather bag is generally what I was thinking, as well. I have to agree with you. Finding a nice, leather small bag that's not a cross-body, clutch, or overly trendy is really hard to find. I have a GREAT tan, leather one from Tod's that my mother gave me. But, that one is too small for every day use - it's great for weekends, but since I do carry carry a Kindle on my commute, I want a bag where things like my Kindle won't poke out.

I think my best bet would be to go to a store with a lot of (leather) bag options and just start trying them out.

I've been looking into Longchamps, but not sure if I like the material of it. Any thoughts?

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Alc89! I'm just seeing this reply. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. You probably already bought a bag. But if you haven't, yes I think you should go to a leather bag store and just start trying out bags. At least then you'll know what styles are available, the various pricing, and what kind of leather you like. There are just so many choices.

From looking at online stores that sell mostly leather bags, I'd say it'll be easier to find more fashionable bags at designer and upscale retail stores. I saw some beautiful, baby soft looking bags on the online leather stores, but I didn't see many really fashionable bags. But maybe that's just the stores I was looking at. And maybe that's your style.

I personally love Longchamps' Rouseau line, both the plain leather and embossed leather styles. The plain leather reminds of sleek leather briefcases. Those briefcases just have a polished look in comparison to the soft cloth and metallic metal briefcases that are on the market currently. But again, that's just my opinion. I like Longchamps' embossed leather for the days you want to be more chic than simple elegant. You can pair it with pumps that have similar embossing for that stunning effect.

Anyway, I hope you have found what you were looking for. And if not, I wish you luck. :)

#5Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    If it's too big for you try a satchel. :) It's a bit girly but other satchels can be used for work too. Just find one that suits your taste. :)

7. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I am not brand-conscious so I will not be citing or recommending brands here. Sometimes, I use big bags especially when I have lots of papers to bring. I may also bring a satchel bag. If I have meetings, presentations and other business functions, I usually carry a smart shoulder bag. Satchel and sling bags would do for casual work days.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would opt for a quality leather bag. Quality leather is durable and stylish, the look will improve with time and it will be very long lasting. Quality leather bags are expensive but it's worth it, in my opinion. The style of bag depends on your personal preferences.

9. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    You should see on web the collection of trendy bags. You will get what you exactly want. Varieties of trendy bags are so much useful for those who don't want to waste their time in searching their items in the bag. The bags with many pockets that are useful to keep different items, it become easy to find items in them.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It does not seem like you have that much in your bag but they do get heavy quickly. Have you thought of getting a organizer that will fit in your bag to keep items from falling into the bottomless pit at the bottom. Also try having different color wallet or planner so that you can see them when you are looking in the bag. Nothing is worse than looking in your bag for something and everything in it is black. I was having that problem so I got a red wallet and a green phone cover.

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The best type of bags for work would have to be all the pliage longchamp bags. These bags are very afforable and will last for many many years to come because they are made from durable nylon. I love these bags because they also come in any size and any handle size as well. Everyone that I have recommended this bag to has loved it and is still wearing them to this day.