Best Basics?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Briannagodess • Jul 4, 2015.

1. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love basic shirts! My wardrobe is chock full of these ranging from white to black to blue to all colors! They are very easy to style and looks effortless.

Where do you buy your basics? I live Uniqlo basic shirts they still look new even after years and years of using them. Cotton on shirts are very soft and light. Forever 21 I am kind of on the fence about, they are soft and light but seem to be ruined easily.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I always hear good things about Uniqlo’s basic stuff. And I feel the same way as you do about Forever21’s basics; I’ve had a couple of tanks from there and while one is still going strong, the other got ruined. Not sure I’d buy from there again.

Target’s basic tees are lovely all around. I never go wrong with a white or a black one. I’m fond of the boyfriend V-necks, they go with nearly everything I own. Maybe next time there’s a good sale, I’ll branch out and snap up some colored or scoop-neck ones, haha.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Ooohh, I wish we have a Target in my country. I would love to try those shirts you said. Yeah Uniqlo has quite nice basics even their jeans and leggings are of good quality!

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I also love wearing a plain t-shirts and jeans. You can't go wrong with wearing 'basics.' They are so comfortable and after having to get dressed up for work during the week the last thing I want to do after work or on the weekends is get dressed up.
    I'm a big fan of the "basics' at Target and Old Navy. Also, Gap when they are having a sale. I have to say my basics at Old Navy don't last more then a few years. I also get a lot of tank tops from H&M. These seem to last a while and are very soft. I'm not a huge fan of their t-shirts though. They don't seem to fit my body.
    I don't shop at Uniqlo, not because I have anything against the store, I just don't like the way the material on the t-shirts feel. I also think Forever 21 is such poor quality its not worth buying anything there you will wear more then once.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Uniqlo, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Forever 21 are good places to find basics. I also lie Zara, but at times the prices are high for what they are, and The Gap's quality isn't what it used to be.

These days basics are the bread and butter of most chains, so they have an 'essentials' range and a higher quality basics range too. It's up to you really how much you want to pay.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the basics from Target and Walmart. The fit is good, the prices are great and they wear well. I have purchased items that cost more that have worn out and the basics from Walmart are still good, the color has not faded and the material has not worn out.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to get my basics at Old Navy and the Gap. I'll only shop online at these store and their return policy makes it so easy to ship back the clothes. I love the t- shirts at the Gap, I love camis from Aeropostale too. I wish I had Target in Canada again. It was easy to pick up t-shirt and camis there too.

8. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I like going to target as well. Even Walmart will have some basic clothes. I wear khaki pants to work so I am working on getting a couple of more pairs of it. All I need is some more nice blouses since I can't wear clothes that are too casual. A good pair of jeans can also serve as something basic since you can wear it all year round. I would say try not to wear something that will go out of fashion too soon.