Best Blow Dryer and Comb Attachments for (Black) Natural Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by PennySafe • Dec 22, 2014.

1. PennySafe

PennySafeNew Member

Threads:
    My hair is very damage-prone so I have been a little afraid of using heat on it, which is why I haven't used a blow dryer in so long. But I started going to a salon and they blow dry my hair after conditioning treatments and my hair has been feeling just fine. I want to get back to Diy hair care, but I need to buy a blow dryer with combs that won't break in my hair. I'm black and my hair is natural so you may understand the previous sentence. I want something durable with adjustable settings that won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't found a blow dryer yet specifically designed for the natural hair of African Americans. I found though that it is easier to blow dry my hair after conditioning it beit washout or leave in. Your hair is easier to comb through and depending on the length (which mine is shoulder length) and the thickness (which mine is thick) it is better to part your hair in sections when blow drying to achieve the best results. Always start at the root first working to the ends. Hope this helps.