Best Books to Help with Saving Money / Living Frugally etc

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by joyful728 • Oct 30, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Hi!! Does anyone have any books to recommend that I guess would apply to the same things that this forum -dontpayfull- is focused on. Like books that help yous save money on shopping? Or living frugally? Getting out of debt, etc?

The only book that I can think of that I have written is "Total Money makeover" by Dave Ramsey. I don't necessarily agree with all of his advice and tips, but it can definitely help someone who is struggling with debt.

Thanks everyone for sharing!!!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Extreme Couponing by Joni Meyer-Crothers is a good one. She is one of the best shoppers on the show and has a heart touching life story. She compiled her couponing knowledge into a book. All of the Tightwad Gazette books are classics that still hold up because Amy Dacyzyn was one of the first bloggers to promote frugal living back in the late 90's when people were still spending excessively.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I would check out anything from Dave Ramsey. The guy really knows what he's talking about in terms of handling your money and living frugally and smart. He's got a popular talk radio show that is worth checking out as well. Definitely seems to help a lot of people get on the right track financially. So check him out. I use some of his advice in my day to day life.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry but it looks like you only skimmed the original post. The OP is already aware of Dave Ramsey and has him on her shopping list.
    She was looking for additional recommendations besides Dave Ramsey, who she already knows about.