Best brand of hot sauce?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JoanMcWench • Oct 24, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think Tobasco provides for the most adaptability. It's mild enough to still let the flavor of the dish come through, and you can just use more to add spiciness anyway. Granted, I'm not that big of a hot sauce fan anyway, but out of all the ones I've tasted so far, it's one that I'd use on most dishes, but other types of hot sauce or chilli sauce will still work better with some other dishes.

2. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Growing up I've never found the use for hot sauce. When I see my husband pile a lot of hot sauce on to his food I would ask, how do you enjoy your food like that? I mean sometimes his food is so hot he sweats, lol. He would use Tabasco Sauce, India Pepper and Red Devil Hot Sauce. As for myself I have tried a few hot sauces. None have ever appealed to my taste buds until one day I decided to try Red Devil. Red Devil is a great hot sauce for someone like myself who doesn't enjoy overbearing heat. Red Devil has a good taste as well.

3. Kathy1112

Kathy1112New Member

Threads:
    Tobasco is my all time favorite hot sauce. I might be biased since I'm from Louisiana where it's made. It adds so much flavor to my food. Sometimes I'll add it into the ingredients, but mostly I add it per serving. I just love it! To me it doesn't have the real vinegary taste though it is made with distilled vinegar.

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I like Burman's hot sauce the best. I think the taste is amazing and it's not overly hot. I've tried a lot of different hot sauces, and Bruman's is my favorite by far.

5. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    flavor of Hot sauce

Tabasco is really good because of its flavor. Yes, it is hot but the flavor is strong and you can use less of it. There are two peppers that are very hot but have very strong flavors. I have a Tabasco plant and use the peppers in cooking and also make my own sauce. My older son has several datil pepper plants. The datl pepper is the other hot pepper with a distinctive, powerful flavor. I have blogged on it and have published some recipes featuring it. Google datil hot sauce and you will find several excellent datil sauces. My son makes his own. Datils (as are the scotch bonnet mentioned above) are a variety of Habenero pepper.

Add a dash of Tabasco to an egg and scramble. It will not be hot but will have a distinctive flavor from the Tabasco.

#25Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  6. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I love Louisiana I also enjoy their wing sauce. I don't understand how anyone likes Tabasco sauce it is just hot with no flavor. On occasion I make my own hot sauce.