Best Brand Of Microwave

Discussion in Home & Garden started by thisnthat • Jul 13, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it's true that appliances like to all go out at once. Well, it hasn't actually gone out yet, as it does still work, but I think our microwave may be nearing the end of its lifespan. I haven't yet begun researching them to find a new one, but I need to get started. So, I thought I'd ask you guys.

Is there a brand that stands out above the rest in your opinion? Where's a good place to shop for a quality microwave at a reasonable price?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I had to get a new microwave last year as the one that I had bought a few years before that decided to quit working. The new one I have is one that you keep on the counter where as the other one was above the range. My counter one is a Westbend and I haven't had any problems with it. A friend of mine bought a Rival microwave a couple of years ago and it has quit working. I bought mine at Target when it was on sale for $40. I guess your best bet would be to search microwaves online and see what options they give you. I know they do not make them like they used to and I doubt that you will find one that will last for 20 years like we had when I was younger. Good luck on your search.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have had good luck with GE when it comes to the smaller appliances, but in saying that I realized that I probably have not really tried all that many different ones. I guess if it is not broke, no need to fix it.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    When the subject is "microwaves", the brand that I think is the most effective (and cheaper, by the way :D) is Sony. I've been using this brand for years and I'm very pleased with the results so far. :)

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, this is very true. Very few things seem to be built to last in this disposable society.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad the new one is working out for you.

It's not yet, but it's not working as well as it did, so I want to be prepared if it does quit. Thanks.

@Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit thank you for the recommendation as well. I'll look into the brands mentioned.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat I'm pretty sure that you'll gonna like it! ;) Sony is an awesome brand and if you know where and when to look, you'll find great discounts. :cool: