Best brand of mouthwash?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kate23 • Mar 3, 2014.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I'm wondering what everyone's favorite brand of mouthwash is? Is alcohol free better?

I'm using Binaca mouthwash and don't have any complaints so far but I don't know if it's actually really doing anything for my teeth/gums. I want a mouthwash that kills bacteria, freshens breath and fights plaque.

2. danderson239

danderson239New Member

Threads:
    I really like the Crest 3D White Mouthwash. It's a pre-brush mouthwash, which can be used 2-3 times per day. I use this in combination with the 3D White toothpaste. I've definitely noticed my teeth are whiter.

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I would say Listerine is the best brand of mouth wash, because it is the most popular. I have been using it for years, and i am a truly satisfied customer. It burns a little bit, but it keeps my mouth fresh i tried the Crest mouthwash, and i didn't like the taste. It wash unbearable. So i have to choose Listerine as the best mouthwash.

4. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I really just use whatever is cheapest at the time. I live in a family of six and we all share mouthwash (We have cups) so it goes really fast. We normally go with colgate or crest in the spearmint of peppermint flavors.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I like Listerine because it's nice and strong. It feels like it really works. My BF prefers Crest Pro-Health, and I like it too, but Listerine is still my favorite. I do buy the off-brand Listerine a lot of times, and it works just as well but is way cheaper.

6. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    I've been using Listerine. My dentist recommend it. He said it's one of the best there is. However, it does contain alcohol, and some people might find that a bit harsh. For those I could recommend Rembrandt, which is good as well, and doesn't contain alcohol.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    You know I'm not a big mouthwash user, but I know people who swear by the whitening mouthwashes that contain hydrogen peroxide.

My husband likes Lysterine because it makes him feel the most fresh (the blue one) but I can't stand the taste.

Colgate is pretty mild, it doesn't bother me too much.

8. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I prefer Scope for my mouthwash. I think it's partly because it is the brand my mother always bought. I also find that other ones like the Listerine brands are very harsh. I know that it probably means it's killing all the germs but I usually use it after I brush my teeth so I figure I've gotten most of them anyways. I don't particularly like taste of the Listerine ones either, I think it's the alcohol in them. The spearmint flavor is my favorite one but I really don't use mouthwash all that often, I'd say maybe once a week.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do think alcohol-free is better, for the overall health of your mouth. Putting alcohol in your mouth everyday can't be good. My absolutely favorite brand is Colgate. It's my favorite brand for everything for dental hygiene. My favorite right now is the Luminous White toothpaste and mouthwash, they taste great, are refreshing and I find they do help with whitening the teeth.