Best Browser Extensions

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Gelsemium • Feb 3, 2015.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, you mean those things I never read, but should? haha.. thanks for the suggestion! I honestly couldn't care if I'm being spied on. I have nothing to steal and nothing to see but reading and typing when I'm online lol. But I do care what you put into my computer, for whatever reason. Even if it's innocent. The last one was slowing it down and doing that underline thing on certain keywords all over the net. It was super annoying and I definitely didn't see it in the description. I wouldn't have downloaded it. Plus, they tell you what they have access to if you download..

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's how I feel too, I am not important enough to be spied and to be honest I haven't seen that piece just yet, but it's on my to do list as soon as I have time.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried any browser extension. I am not sure why exactly but I have not explored that part of Internet. It is really difficult for me to do something like that and definitely not helpful.

4. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I run Tampermonkey for installing helpful user scripts. I also have the Ebates extension because I do so much online shopping, and I would completely forget to link for cash back if it didn't remind me. I also have Better History for when I need to search through my history for something. It has bailed me out quite a few times when I was looking for some important page/information I had visited.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite browser extension would be Zenmate, because sometimes some websites think that my IP is suspicious and asked me to type a captcha, so to avoid that minor inconvenience, I use Zenmate. Apart from that, I don't use any other browser extension.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Adblock - For blocking phishing sites and ad pop-ups. This is definitely a must since there are a lot of people on the internet who's out to retrieve our personal information, credit card details, etc.

Evernote Web Clipper - This is an extension that I just recently tried. I'm trying to integrate Evernote to my life because according to most people I know, Evernote has made their lives more productive. I'm just hoping that it'll have the same effect on me.

I like to keep it simple which is why I only have two extensions on chrome.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's this nifty browser extension I've just head of which can save someone searching for deals online time and money. The browser extension called invisible hand.

As you search for products, invisible hand automatically tells you where the best price will be found.

Take a look:

InvisibleHand shows a discreet notification when there are lower prices available on the product, flight, hotel or rental car you're shopping for. It gives you a link directly to the lowest price.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know what is currently going on with downloadmyhelper at the moment? For the past month or so, I have not been able to use it with Dailymotion, and I was able to before. And then yesterday when I tried to use it with Youtube, I wasn't able to download any of the videos at all. So maybe there is a glitch, or maybe it is just me?

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    The only browser extension i have on my browser is adblock. I love it, it really works and stops those annoying ads and pop.ups. Other extensions just doesn't do it for me.

10. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    The ones that I mainly use in Firefox are AdBlock (although I disable it in some pages), PrivateTab, Mind The Time to see how much I spend on each page and Pocket, although the latest one is not that important for me.