Best Budget Windows Laptops 2014

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Oct 10, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm currently finding myself needing a Windows computer, and I'm considering just getting a laptop instead of a desktop because I won't be gaming much on it anyway so I don't really need all that power. Also, it would be nice to be able to use it in coffee shops and just work from there.

That said, I'm going to be using it for some designing and producing, maybe install a few emulators and run a few games off of Steam on it. I've researched the requirements I'd need for most of my programs and it turns out I just need a 4gb RAM for the most part, so I'm hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on what laptop to get.

My budget is about $350 but of course the lower the price, the better it is for me, since I already have another laptop I use a main one anyway.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, most budget laptops are all the same under the $400 mark. You're going to get a basic screen that looks all right but lacks great clarity and noticeable brightness. 4GB of RAM is the norm, although you might find the random 6GB RAM option. It's going to run Windows 7 but more likely Windows 8.1, and I don't really have to recommend a specific model because you're going to get much of the same.

If you want a reliable brand, then go for ASUS or Acer. HP and Dell often have tons of budget laptops available in stores. You're going to get a Celeron or Pentium processor that will only handle the lightest gaming. Perhaps you could find the odd Core i3 budget laptop, but you're not getting a huge boost in performance.