Best Bug Spray

Discussion in Home & Garden started by DrRipley • Aug 14, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recently just got a semi-generic water based bug spray and it seems to work just fine. I'm just wondering if I should maybe just spring for one of the more expensive brands when it comes to these so as to decrease the risk of breathing in unhealthy fumes. I imagine that the popular brands must be at least safer or are they all pretty much the same?

What brands of big spray do you use at home? Are they more effective and fast acting than the cheaper brands? Are they less toxic or unsafe, you think?

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    With the flooding of China made products in our local market, including bug sprays, we did not risk trying those cheap ones for fear of substandard quality control. We always use the good old reliable brand our parents were using then (Baygon) and it is quite effective.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    We also use Baygon by SC Johnson. It think it's the most trusted brand here in our country (Phils.). There's a lot of variants available but I mostly buy the water-based ones so the smell is not that strong.

The last one I bought, Baygon Multi-Insect Killer for House and Garden Use, is also a water-based but claims to leave no odor. It's as effective as all the other Baygon spray types but it still leaves a smell but more of a "citrusy" scent that's almost similar to an air freshener, so no complains. :)