Best Buy scam!

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by fruii29 • Dec 29, 2013.

1. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    Wow! I never thought I will have the guts to share this to you. It is kinda embarrassing for me because I got scammed! This happened last year, before Thanks Giving. I was browsing my emails when I came across an email saying "$25 free coupon for Bestbuy shoppers!" I read the whole email. I was convinced that it was real, so I signed-up. I printed the voucher and went straight to BestBuy. While I was at the cashier, I presented the coupon to the representative. To my surprise, the coupon was a fake! I had to endure the embarrassment at the store! Goof thing is that I've bought my spare cash! That was one hell of an experience! I won't try that anymore!

2. Shirley1824

Shirley1824New Member

Threads:
    This sure sounds more like a cpa offer then it does a coupon offer. Coupons are usually for a few dollars at most or a free item. Where cpa offers are where someone sends you to a site and you enter some kind of information in order for you to receive something. the information they ask you could be a email address or just a zip code where you live. They also as you to sometimes answer surveys or buy something from them in order to receive this type of offer. Read all the fine print in this type of offer as they are not scams but are called cpa offers.

3. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:

Is that what it is? I thought it was a scam. But thanks Shirley1824 for the insight. I would know better in the future. I really don't want to be a victim of such scams. I'll make sure to read all that fine print next time.

4. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    Anything that leads someone to believe in something which is in the first place, is not true is considered a scam regardless on how it is done. This case manifests as trick in giving misleading information to buyers which is not good at all.

5. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I get emails like that a lot for different things. I always ignore them. Usually, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. I get so much spam sent to my email address and I don't even know where it comes from. I don't even bother to delete my inbox anymore, because as soon as I do, there will be 900+ new spam emails to delete. Ugh, I really wish I knew why I get so much spam sent to my inbox.

6. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    My advice? Be careful with emails... Scammers are trying to fool people with their too-good-to-be-true Email strategies.. They say you have FREE COUPONS which would only end up asking you for payment...

It's something you should be aware of..Don't just open emails which you think are suspicious.

7. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    You can find online coupon codes that will work for shopping online; however emails are different in that reputable companies will always have you actually sign up to receive their emails for special offers and coupons that you can print out or they send emails showing any current offers and/or sales that they have going in their retail stores.