Best Buy vs Amazon

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by devilishomar • Aug 8, 2014.

1. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    Which of the two do you prefer to use for the majority of your online purchases? Personally I prefer Best Buy because they have comparably cheaper products than Amazon (especially in cases like laptops, desktops and electronic equipment in general). However, Amazon, at least I feel, has more variety than Best Buy in some cases (but the prices are a tad bit more).

Do you feel the same in terms of price and variety as I do? Or does it not matter where you buy your goods from.

2. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    They are a great compliment to each other. I'll shop at Best Buy, to pick up the product and play around with it a little. Once I've decided on whether or not it is what I am looking for I will search on Amazon to see if there is a better price. Whoever is better priced I will pick up, except for laptops; I prefer to buy my laptops from Apple - I won't touch another PC.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't see how Best Buy is cheaper than Amazon. Maybe I haven't compared enough but I know in the stores they are pretty expensive. Anyway, Amazon is the way to go for me because there is more variety and I often get a gift card from there for my sites. To me if you're shopping online, Best Buy's only advantage is site to store.

4. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I tend to find the in-store Wal-Mart and the online amazon comparable in pice so I would assume that they are reasonably the same. The online Walmart does not have as many products on its site than Amazon does. I recently bought Half-Life 2 Team Fortress from amazon which was not available at Wal Mart. I would use thewalmart site however for an incentives site I use that pays back 2% on ourchases, however.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Best Buy's website does offer a number of great desktop and laptop setups for affordable prices. Amazon can fall short in this area in many ways, despite how the company usually has the lowest prices around on many tech items. I wouldn't hesitate to use BestBuy.com for online purchases of computers, although I will always check Amazon's price just in case. I'd say they have comparable inventories as far as selections go, though.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    To me, Best Buy has cheaper prices because they sell a lot of 'junk'. I rather deal with Amazon because I feel they offer more reliable, quality products. Also, they have more of a selection.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    It's Amazon all the way for me. Reason is that for as long as I have used their service, I've never had a problem with them. Since it's been smooth sailing with Amazon, I don't see a reason to consider others. Amazon's prices are already quite low and they have sales all the time.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they are different stores, Amazon is only online, while Best Buy has several stores across the nation. I bought my laptop at Best Buy, and I liked the experience. The support was great and customer service is very decent.

9. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Huh, I don't think I've ever read someone preferring Best Buy to Amazon in any sort of way. I've always found everything on Amazon, and it's pretty much always the cheapest option.

However, I do like going to Best Buy to try out a device if I plan on buying it through Amazon.

10. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    I think you'll find that people opts for Amazon overwhelmingly.

The reasons are obvious: more stock and better prices is usual. Buying on the Amazon mega-store from the comfort of your home has many advantages. Even if it is true there is

, in my opinion the amazon site is superior.

Perhaps the best advantage Best buy has over Amazon is its store-pickup service, where you buy online and then collect your bought items at the nearest store:

11. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    That's the first time I've ever heard someone say Best Buy was cheaper. Sure, they probably are here and there on specific, but overall, unlikely. That said, you can usually price match at Best Buy so you'll at least get the same price + convenience of having it local. Personally though, Amazon is King for me as they have the widest selection, OVERALL best prices, and best customer service bar none.

That said, I did choose Best Buy over Amazon the other day and that's when I wanted to look at computer mouses in-store. Then again, all I did was look then buy it from Amazon when I got back home.

12. BoomSchroasted

BoomSchroastedNew Member

Threads:
    Most of the time for high end electronics, Amazon and Best Buy will have the exact same prices, or Amazons will be slightly cheaper. I sometimes like going into Best Buy to browse and look at items that otherwise I would not have seen on Amazon. However, the convenience of Amazon is really something that is hard to beat.

If you are not sure about an item and its specs, I would go to Best Buy. The employees are very knowledgeable and are happy to help answer any question you have.

To answer your earlier statement, yes, Amazon does have a much larger selection. Anything you want, Amazon will have

13. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I would always prefer amazon over best buy because amazon is more established and trusted brand overall. Also, I've never had any problems with amazon. I would not change over to best buy just because products over there are a few dollars cheaper.