Best carwash.

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by daimashin • Dec 29, 2013.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    What kind of soap is best for washing cars? I heard that dishwasher and laundry soap is bad so does that mean I'm left with only buying carwash soap?

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Dish soap or laundry detergent is typically too harsh. It will remove wax and eventually damage clear coat. Some tips for hand car washing: Do not wash a car in direct sunlight. Rinse it often. Follow the direction on the amount of soap to add (more is not better) Wash the car in sections and then rinse…you do not want the soap to dry on the car. Do not let the car dry in direct sunlight and dry it with a thick terry towel or a water blade.
    Go to an auto store and purchase soap specifically for cars to play it safe.

3. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Since people have so much trouble with paint and clear coat peeling, I would NOT use any soap not specifically made for cars. Dish soap and laundry detergent are designed for those purposes and I agree they may be too harsh. Watch for sales or go to Walmart or a "big box" store and look for the large size of auto washes. They are much more affordable and made for cars. I have found good brands like Meguiars and my finish is in great shape.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would not know which soap is really good. But i would recommend that you visit some of these local car washes and get the guys to clean your car for you. i find that they always do a great job for me and are easy on the money. I also like that they can handle the interior and so that is a real benefit. I would not recommend automatic car washes. They do not for me give the car that shine that it deserves.