Best Chocolates For Birthday Celebration

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sachishah • May 29, 2013.

1. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    I want to buy chocolates to give in school on my sister's birthday. So, Which chocolates are the best, & low in cost also, Suggest me some sites from where Can I buy?

2. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    Try out M&M... I think you should get good deals on the web store

because it is a deal store and you could make the most of it by purchasing on discounts and offers displayed on the website.

3. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    You didn't say how much candy you needed specifically so I don't know if we're on the same page. I suppose you mean for a classroom. I would say just go to Walmart or Dollar General and load up on various chocolates. Most of the chocolates are no more than $1.50. May I also suggest Hershey's kisses? You get a large quantity of chocolates for a decent price.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite chocolate brand that I consider to be above average in quality while still being fairly inexpensive is Cadburry. First off, I like their chocolate quality and type the most as they are very close to Hershey's which is one I'd also recommend, but mostly I also just like the variety in products they are able to come up with for their chocolates, such as their kinder egg which is a hit with kids of all ages including myself, and if it's going to be used for party then I think it would work as well since they have prizes inside which I think makes them a lot more fun. Even when I just buy their regular bars, I am always pleased thugh since as I've mentioned the quality of their product is already good enough for me.

5. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I have to second Cadbury. They're good-quality products for a relatively low price. I've also found that Cadbury chocolate mixes into other desserts really well - for example, if you wanted to make an ice cream cake or something similar, you could use some Cadbury Mini Eggs to line the top of the cake. Not that the dessert necessarily applies to giving out candies in school, but there you go. Should be able to find them in most stores without having to order online, as well.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with Hershey kisses. I have made up little loot bags with treats to help celebrate different occasions which my kids have passed out to their classmates. For Valentine's day I put together a little baggie with a pencil, eraser, heart stickers, and a chocolate heart. For Halloween, I put some small chocolates, lollipop and a pumpkin cookie in a baggie. For Christmas I'll put a candy cane, red and green Hershey kisses in a baggie. As a teacher I have seen all sorts of treats handed out to celebrate birthdays - Hershey kisses are inexpensive and easy to hand out to classmates, cupcakes are always fun and I've even had a student hand out homemade donuts.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My suggestion: Ferrero Rocher. This chocolate brand is known for being rather expensive compared to other famous chocolate products but taste-wise, you'll never regret buying it. Ferrero's the ideal gift for just about any occasion - birthdays, Valentine's Day, what have you. Another reason why you should go for this chocolate? The person who first made Ferrero is the same person who produced Nutella. And who doesn't love Nutella?

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, Ferrero Rocher is expensive and is not solid chocolate at all, so I wouldn't pay its price unless I have a craving for it.

When it comes to buy good-tasting chocolates, the best is to go with unbranded chocolates which are sold by weight at specialty chocolate stores. Sometimes they come into decorated cups, handcrafted boxes and the like, what makes them unique.

When you give away Ferrero, you aren't giving a chocolate but a brand, hence who receives such a present gives for granted it tastes good, when there might be many other chocolates of superior quality, and many times for a fraction of the price.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Chocolates for the class to celebrate a birthday I'd go with Hershey Kisses and Hershey Miniatures, because they are individually wrapped and small. One bag each will have enough for a classroom of children with small hands perfect for both candies. Like PurplePen who does what you want to do for a birthday it sounds wonderful and how nice of both of you to do it! For the cheapest candies it's got to be Wallmarts unless there is a sale going on elsewhere.