Best computer manufacturer

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by crazyman1090 • Nov 5, 2014.

1. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of computer manufacturers out there such as Asus, Lenovo, Dell, HP, and more. What do you think is the most reliable brand out of The Mountain that you can choose from? Personally, I think Asus is the most reliable, especially in some of their higher-end laptops. Every laptop that I have seen offered by Asus is usually of decent build quality and has a reasonable price tag.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    As a gamer I would go with ASUS ROG, or iBUYPOWER. Both offer great value for money, and I have had no problems with performance. I would avoid DELL and Acer, in my opinion I feel that their products have been going downhill with frequent breakdowns.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's all subjective, and you can get great laptops from even the supposedly worst computer manufacturers. I would never recommend iBuyPower, for instance, although I would agree that Asus is probably the best manufacturer out there. I'd be willing to buy a computer from any manufacturer, though, depending upon the specific model we're talking about. You'll get a different opinion from everyone out there.

4. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    If I remember correctly, Lenovo is the biggest PC manufacturer right now. They also have make great laptops. If I were to choose among the brands you've mentioned, I'd definitely go for Asus or Lenovo. The gaming laptops of Asus are simply outstanding. I have also owned a Dell laptop and it lasted me 7 years.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I also lean towards Asus even though I don't really like the designs of most of their laptops. I think they make very sturdy products, still. I've also heard some great things about Dell although I like their designs even less than Asus ones. I've gotten to try owning HP laptops and they weren't very strong to be honest. Toshiba seems to be a good one as well, but my laptop's screen gave out after a few years so I wouldn't call them completely dependable.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    None. All of them have their perks and let downs. But I would have to say that in terms of durability and built, I think Dell, HP and Samsung would be a great bet but it's all based on my experience. To be able to tell which manufacturer is truly the best, you have to have to try them all and see for yourself.

7. lucaspm98

lucaspm98New Member

Threads:
    None of them really stands out above the others, but some do have special things about them. I've always kind of liked Asus as they usually make fairly inexpensive computers with decent specs. Lenovo seems to be the go to brand for businesses, maybe because their computers are more durable? Personally I have an HP laptop that I'm satisifed with, but the main reason I chose it was because it was on sale.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using HP for a long time now. I've not had any issues with them and don't think I'll ditch HP for another manufacturer any time soon unless the next computer I buy ends up letting me down. Of course I've used some of the others mentioned and from experience I know that Dell is probably the worst of them all.

9. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    For me right now its HP or ACer. My experience with their devices is very good. I have an HP and an Acer laptop and what I have found is that they are both reliable and provide me with great performance. Also Acer's customer service is top of the line. They both also offer a wider variety of options than many competitors.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Lenovo. I'm not a gamer or a high power user. Lenovo is enough for my needs. They cost more, but I think they are well worth it.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Dell, HP and Acer products, and I think they're all great, and they have managed to last for years, but I don't know about Acer though, since I have only managed to use the monitor a couple of times before we bought the HP PC.

#11Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014