Best Energy Drink Brands

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Apr 5, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never liked energy drinks as most of the ones I've tried just have too strong of a taste and I don't find them refreshing at all. Also I never really felt much effect on myself getting awake since I'm not usually that tired most of the time anyway. Coffee works a little better on me, I think, but maybe I'm just missing something or I might just be drinking the wrong brands.

Which energy drink brands would you recommend the most?

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you're absolutely set on drinking energy drinks, but I'd recommend not drinking them at all. They're just so full of sugar and really bad for your health in just about every way possible.

5-hour energies would probably be the way I go if I were to drink an energy drink of any kind, but I tend to just avoid them entirely.

3. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would recommend any of those drinks because I have heard how dangerous they can be so I'm not going to take that risk. I don't drink them and there is no way I ever would. I'll drink coffee and tea but that is about it for now.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not in the practice of consuming energy drinks to make up for lost energy. I do like to drink Gatorade because of it has a variety of interesting flavors and provides me with the right amount of electrolytes. Gatorade only comes to the rescue when I'm feeling sick or have my menstruation (which usually saps the strength out of me).

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I like Monsters and Redbulls, but my absolute favorite are the black and gold Rockstars. There was a time when I was drinking about 2 or 3 everyday. I cut back to about that many in a week, but it is still my favorite. I love the flavor and it has the strongest 'kick' for me. Unfortunately I learned the hard way when I got kidney stones last year that energy drinks are havoc on the liver and kidneys.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't intend to seem patronizing or pompous, but the best energy drink is strategically consumed water, or even better yet a combination of fruits blended together and consumed lol. Energy drinks have actually never done anything for me, or any of the people that i talk to. It is weird. But some of them taste good, so that is something.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I too feel much the same - in that I really couldn’t happily recommend any brand of energy drink - for the simple reason - that there isn't a single healthy ingredient in any of the so called " energy " drinks currently on the market - as they are all overloaded with high levels of caffeine based products, artificial sweeteners, chemical flavor enhancers and additives - apart from which - I also think that they are just another way that the " soft " drink manufacturers have found to lift hard earned cash from peoples pockets. clear.

In fact - as all of these so called " energy " drinks contain very high levels of the stimulant caffeine - I think that it would actually be much healthier and cheaper to have a cup of strong black coffee instead - which would have exactly the same effect - especially as there are currently a lot of health issues surrounding the over consumption of these so called " energy " drinks and in particular the adverse effects of these products when consumed by people with liver damage or heart problems - as well as the dangers of consuming them with alcohol.