Best feeling deodorant?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by mistymi • Apr 4, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like how wearing deodorant feels. It's just kind of suffocating. I've only used deodorant sticks before, the generic guy brands. Are there better deodorant sticks out there or is something like deodorant cream or some other kind more comfortable?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like sticks, since they're dryer and does a great job on the sweaty parts but I don't know any other forms of deodorant that isn't uncomfortable. If you're just begging to use deodorant well you will feel uncomfortable, but its just a matter of getting used to the feeling of it, I mean if you're not having problems with other then that's just fine to go without, but if you do have an odor problem then I suggest you just stick with it (no pun intended)

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer sticks, and my favorite brand is Dove. I like that it's also moisturizing, and it holds up pretty well throughout the day. I am allergic to spray deodorants, but if I wasn't I would probably prefer those, though. Just because they are dry and bother less, specially for hot days.

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I believe they also make spray kind. It's almost like a hair spray, but they make certain brands/types for deodorant. It may be worth exploring more than just the stick options if you have so much trouble with it. I' m sure it's not comfortable to constantly feel it or worry about it :(

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I like the deodorant stone. It's a mineral stone that you wet and slide on. It's can also be called deodorant crystal. It is made up of mineral salts that take care of both wetness and smell. It wears down over time. It last a long time, mine last for what seems like forever. I LOVE it. Works great. No aluminum chlorohydrate, no aluminum zirconium, no parabens, no phthalates, no alcohol, no residue, and it doesn't stain. And never tested on animals.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    How many brands have you tried?

Have you tried the gel ones?

Also, make sure you're only applying a thin layer. After it's on, within a few seconds, you really shouldn't feel it any more. There shouldn't be anything suffocating about it.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before deo sticks were invented, the 1st time my mom bought me deodorant, I really felt uncomfortable using it, so she never bought the liquid deodorant again. When deo sticks were invented, that's the only time I started using a deodorant. But I don't use it that much though, because I noticed that I don't really need to put on deodorant anyway. So if you feel uncomfortable using a deo, then why not just don't use it at all when you don't have BO right? Saves you the money and the discomfort.

8. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I use Secret Deodorant and my boyfriend enjoys it also. It does really well with sweat while remain light on your skin. If you have really sensitive skin, I would suggest trying Dove. It is a lighter version and smells great.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer rollerball applicators to stick. For me once they drive, which is really fast, I completely forget they are on. I also realized I didn't have to worry about deodorant marks as much on my clothing. If you want to use deodorant but don't really want to know you are, I'd go with an unscented (make sure it's unscented I noticed a lot of brands have original or something like that and it does have a fragrance) rollerball. If you prefer a stick applicator I think you would be happiest with a gel stick (Mitchum makes a nice one that is light) and be sure to only apply a think layer.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I use the alum rock sticks. Firstly you don't have the suffocating mist and it also just feels better. You will also avoid breathing in all the chemicals in normal deodorant so there is a health benefit there too. Plus I probably only need to spend less than £20 per year on it. The sprays seem both very expensive and ineffective.

11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I must admit I've been really curious to trying one of these, but haven't really gotten around to it. I'm pretty happy with the Lady Speed Stick that I buy at the dollar store. It lasts for a long time and doesn't irritate my skin at all. Maybe I"ll break down and try the stone though. I have weird underarms. My left one doesn't perspire very much at all. But the right one does pretty badly to the point where I have to reapply deodorant. I'm thinking that maybe the deodorant stone will help me with this problem.

12. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I thought that it would irritate my skin, but I have found a pleasant surprise in liquid deodorant from Avon. Not only does it work extremely well for me, but it feels like you are wearing absolutely nothing. It is not nearly as suffocating as a stick deodorant.

13. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it all depends on one big factor. Do you prefer the stick or gel? ...Wait, maybe gel deodorant is a girl thing, oops. I personally use Dove's Men +Care deodorants (The "fresh and clean" one and it's for sensitive skin? I dunno, it has a green label) and I like it quite a lot. Men's deodorant seems to work better then women's, and it feels really nice on my skin. How much deodorant are you putting on? You're only supposed to out on one or two swipes of the stuff, and lightly too. But, I suggest trying the Dove brand. I like it because it's cheaper and works really well. Also, it's smells really light and nice!