Best food to gain wight?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by wowtgp • Oct 30, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I am a very skinny guy since my childhood. It';s my dream to see myself fit and healthy. Whole I have finally started to gain some weight, I would like to speed it up a bit./ I know that I shouldn't be hasty, but I need to do it. So what kind of food should I eat to gain weight?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried a couple of meals that are carb heavy? Depending on how carb sensitive you are, it may be easier than you would even imagine. Just try to stick to the cleanest carbs that you can find and that have fiber in them. Although the fiber will help you feel fuller, it will also keep you regular as you increase your food intake.

3. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    You should try everything that is high-caloric-density. Peanut butter, hazelnuts, rice, seeds, everything that fits your macros should help. Try to eat around 4000+ kcal a day and be sure that you get around 2g of protein per kg in your body. Also do heavy lifts, you want that weight to be more muscle and less fat.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    First of all, how old are you?

Second, what do your parents look like.

There's really only so much a person can do to beat hormones, genetics, and age. If you are destined to be thin, you might just need to embrace that.

I'm also very thin. I actually just had my 4th baby and as my thick pregnancy legs dwindle back into the skinny jeans that fit a year ago, my husband is sad to see them go. And I eat like a horse. And I drink a lot of beer.

It doesn't seem to matter. I'm just genetically prone to being skinny and butt-less. Hah.

5. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Well depends if you want to add fat or muscle to your bulk. If you are trying to build your body to be muscular and toned, you want to eat tons of protein and eat about six meals a day that are balanced in nutrition. Stay away from too much sugar, and fats and go with more vitamins and mineral but an increased volume of your daily intake. You have to maintain some sort of cardio to balance the weight gain and keep yourself toned. On the other hand if you're trying to add fat, then just eat a bunch of junk food and lay around for the most part. it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound so based on the average person burning 2,000 calories a day naturally, you should be eating around 5,500 calories to gain a pound a day.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eat lots and lots of protein in addition to what has already been suggested. Some people say that eating five meals a day can help you gain weight quickly.

If you want short-cuts, read on:

I've known a number of skinny guys who bulked up suddenly. I heard that they used some supplements to get that big but I know that they also spent at least 6 hours in gym pumping iron. If you are up for it then go for them pills, hit the gym. In less than two years you'll be so big when you look in the mirror you won't believe that's the skinny guy you knew.

The pills have some very nasty side-effects though. But like it's said, no pain, no gain.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Carbohydrates primarily because they get easily digested and that when they are not used the moment they are absorbed by the body, they are immediately stored as fat in the body, that makes them harder to be burnt. When you are carbo-loading, you might want to take a great attention to your sugar spike. Because even though you are not obese, you could still get diabetes, if all the time you consume an amount of sugar far greater than you could metabolize.