Best Free Anti-virus?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Mattenheimer • Feb 3, 2015.

1. chanboy

chanboyNew Member

Threads:
    There is no reason to purchase high end anti viruses unless you are brainless on the internet. I never use anti viruses and have never caught any infections. However, if you are still paranoid - Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are the most reputable anti virus software.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Me too I love Microsoft security essentials the best for it works and is free. Just got to scan it and check your settings too and you're done. I had a lot of problems like cursor jumping, scrolling unexpectedly, slow pc and I tried many free trails. I found Microsoft security essentials totally free download and poof my computer is running faster and all my problems disappeared! :) The download is fast too.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only use Microsoft Security Essentials which already comes installed with Windows and I haven't had issues with it. I actually don't even go after it to scan, download updates and stuff like that, I think it does all by itself in the background and you don't even see it.
    I do quite a lot on my computer and it's been virus free for quite a while, so I don't really feel the need to download another anti-virus. This is enough for me.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Kaspersky too. In fact, I like it well enough to have the paid version (I like the safe money thing and the little icon next to each item listed when you do a search that tells you if the site is safe or not.... great for kids).

I did get a great deal on it from Newegg though... protection for 3 systems for like $14.99. They run some good Black Friday sales. Actually, I think that was the year before. It might have been $19.99 this year. Either way, it's a good deal.

I still think it's better to run more than one program, since one might catch something the other does not. Kaspersky in conjunction with Malwarebytes has been great.

Actually, the kids getting something nasty on my husband's computer back when it was got me turned onto both of these. They saved us from a total wipe, and we have never had a problem since getting them, so I keep using them.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was using Karpensky, I didn't have any glaring issues with it, other than the fact that it seemed to slow my entire system down. I know that a lot of anti-virus software slows systems down, but I couldn't deal with the level of slowness, so I had to uninstall and opt for a different anti-virus program.