Best Free Classified Sites?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Oct 20, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to sell some digital products and since I hardly get any traffic to my web-site, I'd like to attract people's attention through placing online ads in as many places as possible. I don't want to spend cash upfront as I evaluate the marketability of the products I'd rather go for free classifieds.

Anyone know of reputable free classified ad sites like Craiglist which I can use to help me with my marketing campaign?

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Gumtree is more UK/AU but are pretty well known and very popular, give them a go. If you're US based though definitely Craigslist.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know where you are, but Kijiji is big here.. more so than craigslist.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since it's digital products I have on sale I suppose I can use any classified ad site. It's getting much harder for you to post more than one ad on Craiglist per day and even then someone, maybe a competitor may just flag it as spam and it will pulled down. But guys, thanks, I'll take a look at gumtree and kijiji. I wouldn't care where my customers are from as long as they buy the products I have on sale.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try olx.com, it's a free all around ads site and they're also divided by country, so you can reach out to a specific area.

6. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I think Craigs List is an excellent site for this. There is also a free classified ads section on eBay. When I am selling something I think of Craigs List first. If I want to go further and ship the item, I will post to eBay.

7. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have any groups on Facebook? In my area, there are tons of groups for people wanting to sell things. They are usually called something like what's for sale in (name of city), (name of city) online sales, and (name of city) yard sales, etc. I would try there.

8. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with everyone else. Craigslist is definitely the best classifieds site there is. It will surely yield you the best results. The only valid alternative would be to buy classified space in your local newspaper . Anything else would be a waste of time.