Best game you ever bought?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by robinegg • May 13, 2014.

1. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    Which game was well worth its value that you paid for?

For me, I'd say it's Minecraft. Buying it in Beta was pretty cheap (50% of the current price), and it provided many hours of exploration and fun! Although it has been years since I played Minecraft, I think it was the most worthwhile money I spent on a game ever. The runner-up is Skyrim. I got it secondhanded for 35$, I believe, and I genuinely love the Elder Scrolls universe.

2. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    Evil Genius. For some reason it's still my favorite game and I am hoping for a sequel happening sometimes. After that it would probably be Rome Total War the first part, and then Oblivion.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's difficult to say but it would most likely be Sims 2. I don't play it anymore and the series was expensive even then but it was well worth it because that was back in the days where Maxis didn't let EA mess it up much. I was addicted to that game so much that I forgot to eat sometimes.

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I loved The Sims 2 too. The best game I probably bought is Half Life 2 because of all the mods and other games that branched from it. I bought it back in 2005 but have been playing mods and closely related source engine games since. Some of the models and textures are pretty nostalgic because they've been used for so long. Brood War was another great buy that had a lot of fun custom games.

5. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    Every Pokemon I ever bought as a kid was definitely worth it. Those games defined my childhood. Also, all of the Assassin's Creed games have been some of my favorites, especially II and III

6. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I think the game that impacted me the most was Final Fantasy VII. At the time, it had the best characters and story I had ever seen in a game. I never played an RPG until I decided to give this game a try. Now I am still hooked on that genre. The Mass Effect trilogy would have to be second for me for the same reasons; memorable characters and great story. But I also love Super Mario Bros. It is the first game I have ever played.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say Minecraft is also the best game I've bought so far. I mean, I'm not big on games but that particular game, i like it a lot so that's why i was okay with paying for it. The game is really one of a kind and really addicting. One of the best games ever created. :p

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    In terms of storyline, I would go with Bioshock Infinite. It delves into many themes which video games usually don't tread, like religion, freedom of choice, politics, racism and time travel.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's a tie between Xenogears and Shadow of the Colossus. Both had incredible atmosphere, awesome game play and immersing story that made me play on and on. Both games also made me feel extremely satisfied when I have beaten them. Xenogears does provide more play time and a better story overall but Shadow of the Colossus offers better graphics and atmosphere. They are two of the best games ever made.