Best Internet Browser

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by chiofthenorns • Sep 8, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    At home I use three different browsers: Mozilla, Chrome, and Opera. My main one is Mozilla though. I only use the other two for my Facebook games. Which Internet browser do you prefer? What are its advantages? If possible, disadvantages?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox almost exclusively. With that being said I don't really think that it's better than the other two you mentioned. All three are modern browsers, with certain differences, so in the end, for a user it's all a matter of preference I'd say. I've been a Firefox user for many years, minus the few years I used the Internet Explorer that came with Windows, I rarely tried other browsers - so this is the reason I'm using FF now, not because it's better or anything :)

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I personally prefer Chrome as Chrome still remains fast with many tabs all open at once, whereas in Firefox I find that with around 10 tabs open, the lag starts to become noticeable, especially when you are scrolling and/or loading a heavy webpage. I know that this isn't because of my PC, as Chrome works fine with around 30-40 tabs open (I need these open as I need to constantly keep an eye on different web pages due to work reasons). So therefore I use Chrome for most of my web use, while Firefox for downloading clips of videos and audio.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox and Chrome depending on what I need to do. My main one is Firefox, but there are rare occasions when it doesn't want to cooperate and I switch to Chrome for that. As to which browser is better it really depends on what type of computer user you are. I love customizing everything, and Firefox gives me that option to modify most things how I want them. For people that just need a dependable browser and not much else I usually recommend Chrome.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel like all of them have a significant flaw so I don't know if there is a best. I know that Chrome is fast but it's full of vulnerabilities and this is a minor thing but I don't really like the skins. Firefox is the safest but can be laggy if you have too many tabs and doesn't seem to like Flash. Firefox is the one I use though.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I use Chrome and Firefox as my backup at this point.

I used to absolutely love Firefox, but after several updates in a row that left it unstable and crashing regularly, I gave up. I rarely have crashes or memory leaks with Chrome, so I tend to stick with it now.

7. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally like Google Chrome. It is a fast web browser and it has a lot of features. That is the only browser that I trust and use.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best browser has to be Slimboat. I've used all the other browsers and I must say I found the browser to be faster than all the others. Unfortunately, they don't have extensions which can add to your browsers functionality. Two things I like about the browser are:

1. You can print a webpage as a pdf file [which I find to be very convenient since I sometimes like to read offline].
    2. You can save all images in a web page [on your PC] at the click of a button.

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Firefox but it feels too clunky for me, not as smooth as Google Chrome so I'd say Google Chrome is the best for me. When it comes to speed I would say I find Opera to be the fastest.

10. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I feel both FireFox and Google Chrome are the best internet browsers currently. Really just personal preference to what you like better, everyone seems split due to person reasons. Personally I've always used FireFox so have just stuck with that over the years.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I use Google Chrome as my default because it's faster than any other. Second is Opera, it's pretty snappy and I really like the interface and the last for me is Firefox. I would pick Firefox over Opera but Firefox seems to be a bit clunky at times.

12. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Mozilla Firefox for as long as i can remember. I like it because there's just so many options for optimizations and the settings are so easy to manage. I used to changed my theme every week before, now that i think of it, it seems kinda silly now but still the fact that i can change it anytime i want is a good thing. Another thing i like about Firefox is how solid and fast it is compared to IE or Google Chrome. Everyone seems to think Google Chrome is the fastest browser but i disagree, I think is the fastest and the best! :)

13. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox almost exclusively. The most popular browsers right now are all great and you really can't go wrong with any of them. It all boils down to personal preference. I like Firefox because I support open source projects. Chrome is next on my list. IE is okay, it just feels a tad bit slower compared to Firefox and Chrome. It's a shame, though, that the mobile versions of Firefox and Chrome are nowhere near as good as their desktop counterparts.

14. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Chrome to Firefox but you really can't go wrong with either, as long as you're not using IE any longer. That is one thing that just needs to die, compatibility issues and just playing by different rules for rendering is a nightmare. I love that I can use Chrome across all of my mobile devices and carry over settings automatically.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use Chrome as my main browser because it's very light. Whenever I use anything else, I could always feel a slight lag that I otherwise wouldn't have with Chrome. Also, I like it's interface in that it doesn't have any other bars on it apart from the address input bar, because it looks very clean that way. I honestly don't have much complaints about it and only have some other ones installed just as secondary options for checking sites on different browsers whenever I have to test something.

16. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    This is an easy one. Google Chrome all the way. The interface is the best, the customization options are by far the best of any browser and I trust the security of Chrome more than any other browser. If I had to use a different one, it'd actually be the latest update on IE. Might seem a little strange, but they've done a pretty nice job with the new update and made it a lot better than before.

17. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always used Safari, but have moved over to Firefox which was my back up. However there have been so many updates and recently has started crashing more so I may have to use my other back up chrome. I am sticking with Firefox unless it becomes an issue, although chrome is the default browser on my tablets.

18. elizabeta

elizabetaNew Member

Threads:
    I personally use Mozilla Firefox; its easy to use and has nice features. I occasionally use Opera for purposes of saving data but it has some annoying popups regarding renewal of security certificates.

19. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have relied on Google chrome for a long time now. It does everything I need and want. I rarely use Mozilla, and I have never heard of Opera or Slimboat. After reading through all the posts here, I think I will be checking out some of the ones that are new to me.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also like Google Chrome more than any other browser. I noticed that it loads the fastest, and considering that the other browsers also don't have any add-ons, but they seem not as fast as compared to Google Chrome.