Best Internet Browser

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by chiofthenorns • Sep 8, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of the rare Opera users. It's reliable, fast, just as good as Firefox and I would say graphically better. The main niche for Opera though is its superior searching of history. Just vaguely type some text that was in the web page and it will find it for you. I think Firefox does this too now as well, but it doesn't do it as good as opera does.

2. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    I used to use Firefox but more recently I've been using Chrome. I feel as though it has a lesser RAM footprint and allows me to multitask a lot better than Firefox did. Also, Firefox in recent years has been a huge memory hog. Also, extensions seem to work flawlessly with Chrome, whereas with Firefox they have some issues.

3. acnxtj

acnxtjNew Member

Threads:
    Chrome because of the massive collection of extensions but mainly because it syncs with my Android browser

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chrome is the best browser as far as performance and features are concerned. Mozilla is pretty close by comparison, though. Opera, despite popular belief, offers great performance although it does fail to load certain websites. It's great for most sites and offers advanced speeds at handling sites on terrible connections with Opera Turbo. I'd go with Chrome every time, unless you're really worried about what happens to your browsing information.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It kinda is I guess but I still don't trust Chrome enough to use it. It was way too easy to get viruses and after that time it didn't save my bookmarks I was done.

6. Anya

AnyaNew Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox, and occasionally will use Chrome. I've had no issues with Firefox running slowly like it seems others have experienced. Firefox also has some add-ons that Chrome doesn't have that I find very useful. I use Chrome for a few activities, as some aren't very compatible (or not at all) with Firefox.

I also really like Maxthon, but unfortunately it doesn't have very many add-ons because it's much less popular with people.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It doesn't really run slow. If it ran slow it may not be my primary browser. It just can't handle very many tabs and Flash is a nightmare on it.
    Chrome seems faster though that doesn't mean I would use it.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The best browser extension for me is Mozilla Firefox. I totally love the browser for its cool features it provides and the user friendliness it provides. I think there is no need of anymore development in the Mozilla, but I am sure I will come across a few very soon. I have been stuck to Mozilla for the past three years at least and I will continue to use it for the next few years too.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome and Firefox, they work best for me. I used to use Safari and Opera but I could never get myself to really enjoy using them. I like that I can sync everything to Chrome. I can open tabs on one device and see them open in another, makes it much easier for to keep track of things. I use Firefox quite a lot for certain websites. Though I usually use Chrome because I feel it is faster, works better, and I've never had any problems with it failing for me.

10. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    After however many years of using Google Chrome near exclusively, I switched over to Firefox a day or two ago. I just find Google Chrome takes up too much memory, and if you do too much on it, it'll seriously lag and take down your computer with it. I have to clear my history every week or so just to keep the thing from locking up. The only thing I do like about it is it's integration with GMail and whatnot. Firefox certainly is prettier though.