Best kitchen towels

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Sandra Piddock • Sep 13, 2012.

1. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    One thing I won't compromise on is kitchen towels. I'm all for saving money, but cheap kitchen towels are a false economy. You use so much, because they're smaller and thinner than better quality towels, and they break up at the drop of a hat.

My favourite kitchen towel is

, available from Wilkinson's in the UK. At £2.49 for a single roll at regular price, it's more expensive than most, but it lasts much longer.

The 3-ply sheets are much larger than regular towels, and you can rip them in two down the middle to make two towels from one. They're also strong when wet - if you accidentally leave them in a pocket when you load the washer, they'll dry out and be as good as new again! One roll lasts me around 6 weeks, and i use a lot of kitchen paper. At the moment, they're on offer at 79p off the regular price, so it's worth stocking up.
    What's your favourite brand of kitchen towel?

2. FortisLupus

FortisLupusNew Member

Threads:
    We used to always swear by Bounty until, like yourself, we discovered Regina Blitz. Now it's our kitchen roll of choice, and of course it makes for fantastic face/baby wipes and kitchen/bathroom wipes.

All the money saving tips we've come up with has enabled us to look after our dogs a little better too. We now feed them on Arden Grange. Not at all a cheap dog food, but boy is it packed full of nutrition for them.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I like to buy middle of the ground on kitchen towels. Some of the cheaper ones aren't so bad, but they don't seem to last as long. At the same time, the most expensive ones seem to be more for looks and don't last much longer than the medium-priced ones either.

4. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    What I find funny is that since I was a kid, my mother bought a wide range of kitchen towels from different stores. When I moved out on my own years ago, I started to buy my kitchen towels from the dollar store. You know what? The best ones were from the dollar store. We can get two kitchen towels for only $1.13 (including tax), which is a good price. I don't understand why people spend $10 for a cloth.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I've picked up some good cheap kitchen towels as well, but they are few and far between. I can't get Regina Blitz in Spain, so I have to pick up another brand when my supply runs out. I usually go on the thickness and softness of the rolls inside the packet. With kitchen paper and toilet paper, the cheapest is hardly ever the best.

6. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your share on Regina Blitz. Will definitely pick it up the next time I visit Wilkinson's. I currently alternate between Plenty’s 2-ply kitchen rolls and Aldi’s own brand. I find them both quite good and reasonably priced, and fit for purpose.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I always buy the cheap brands like great value and it is nice and soft and gets the job done for me. Walmart carry that brand and those are so nice and to me, they're better than the brand name towels and toilet paper. They are thick and don't tear easily. Try them out the next time you're in need for the kitchen and bath items. Tell me what you think of them. I am cheap when it comes to those items if it works.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Ha! When I saw the title for this discussion thread, I thought it referred to CLOTH towels! I like the paper ones where you can "select" your size depending on where you tear the perforation. Sometimes you just don't need a large square, and sometimes you need a little more. Back to cloth - I want to understand why kitchen towels can't be as absorbent as Bathroom towels!

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Regina Blitz, what is that in the States? I like the towels that allow you to pick the size you need to help from wasting paper. I try to use cloth as much as possible to avoid the cost of paper. Kids always take too much when they are drying their hands.