Best Lip Balm for Winter

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Mockingbird • Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Now that it is freezing cold again not only is my skin peeling but my lips are chapped. I used to use Chap stick but find I am always licking it off and that makes my lips worse. I don't like Blistex it is so greasy. I had a tube of this great product called Soft Lips (?) was very nice, it went on almost like a lip stick and actually had some menthol in it that made my lips feel good. I don't know where I got it, probably Rite Aid. Does anyone have a favorite lip ointment for winter dry lips? Right about now I could use some :rolleyes:

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I need to use a lip balm to prevent my lips from chapping and cracking especially during winter season. I don't really use a particular brand. I just buy whatever is available. So far, I have tried Chap stick and it works well. Now, I am using another brand of which I cannot remember, as the name on the tube has been erased due to constant use. But I think it is Nivea, it comes in a blue tube. I'd say Nivea works better for me than Chap stick.

3. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    For chap stick I prefer a brand called Burt's Bees. It's natural and won't negatively affect the sensitive skin of your lips (especially if they're already dry and cracked. If I don't have any or need something in a pinch, just plain old vaseline (petroleum jelly) is one of the best things you can put on your lips if they're dry. Do ensure that you're using the "plain" variety, as there's petroleum jelly that contains menthol and that can cause a burning sensation on your lips if they're very cracked.

4. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I always used Blistex and it hasn't failed me yet. There was a brief period where I used Burt's Beeswax and that worked out really well too. I would say that you can't go wrong with any of those two.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always liked Blistex and good old Vaseline as they are the main ones I feel effectively tackle my dry, chapped lips. If you feel it's too greasy, you may want to apply it mainly before bed, and then in the morning use something a bit less greasy. The other thing I'd recommend is Aquaphor, but then those that don't like Blistex and Vaseline may find it too much. But those are the ones that work for me :)

6. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love, love, love Epicuren lip balm. It is tea tree oil based and goes on smoothly and leaves your lips happy for hours. For something a little more 'fun' I also love Philosophy's flavored lip shines. Right now I'm addicted to the candy cane flavor!