Best method for payment

Discussion in Payment Methods started by himali.jagma • Jul 8, 2013.

1. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    Which is a best method for online payment?

2. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    I used Paypal.

3. saveraddict

saveraddictMember

Threads:
    There is no best one. Most people use Paypal and credit cards, the reason being that you can dispute any charge. I think for the Internet Paypal works better, because you have to authorize the payment. With a card they can create more chargers if they know your number. But some big sites like Amazon don't take Paypal, so you have to use credit cards. So I guess the two of them are the best.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me I have only used Paypal to purchase stuff online. You can easily get a refund if you file a dispute within 45 days starting from the date of purchase. And for me, using credit cards online can be risky, because some thief might get your details, you know.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think PayPal is definitely the safest and most reliable source for internet shopping for a long time now. All you need is just to buy in legit places and you should not have any problem.

6. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with Saveraddict. The best method for online payment is Paypal because you can file a dispute and get a refund from the merchant within 45 days of purchase. And, as mentioned in the quote, you need to authorize the payment, but a lot of sites don't use Paypal so you have to use a credit or debit card.

7. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I remember when skrill.com was still MoneyBookers.com.

One thing that I loved about MoneyBookers.com is their escrow service. :) This gives an extra protection especially for buyers. So if in case you have already sent the payment but the seller turned out to be a scammer, the seller would not receive the payment unless they shipped the goods and you have confirmed. :)

This is one feature that Paypal did not have before. But now, paypal has a lot of features to secure your account and make your online shopping experience a lot more pleasant. :) So read between the lines, Paypal is my preferred method of paying for my deals online.

That's after Liberty Reserve closed down. haha

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely paypal. I don't think anything else is this safe or this reliable. Have been using it for a while and never had any issues whatsoever.

9. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal, haven't had any real trouble with them and with just the sheer amount of sellers (and buyers) using it as a platform it seems a bit pointless to go with anything else.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is the most well-known and widely used across the internet.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal is the universally accepted payment method but that doesn't make it the best. Paypal's fees are extortionate when combined with eBay fees you are losing 14% of the sale price, that is a big percentage!